Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just installed it. It's nice and tight and a little notchy... Just the way I like it. For $70, you can't beat it. We'll see how it holds up over time though.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I was always kinda nervous about buying the "offbrand" stuff, but since you said this works well I think i might go this route as well, that would save a ton of money. And i would imagine anything over the 20 year old stock would be an upgrade right?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
let us know what you think

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After driving around with it for a while today, I gotta say I'm impressed. The shift is short, firm, and let's you know it's in gear with a lil notch. I think a couple of the shifter arm bolts backed out a bit but it's nothing a lil loctite can't fix. I know it's a bad comparison, but compared to the hurst in my 09, it's worlds better. And compared to the stock shifter, it's like a whole new car! Honestly, for $70 you might as well try it, and if you like it (which you will) keep it. If not, send it back and get you measly $70 back.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
sounds like a plan to me lol, Ill definetly be ordering this in a few weeks rather then the tri ax

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1983-00 Mustang Econoshift T-5 Short Throw Shifter at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

here it is. looking at the pictures, i realized i installed it kinda wrong lol. the bolts that go into the shifter arm, i used to bolt the shifter down onto the transmission. and removing that old shifter was a bitch lol. i'm pretty sure i stripped the threads in a few of the transmission's shifter bolt holes by trying to pry out the old shifter with a screw driver lol. oh well, the new shifter bolted in fine. if it gives me any problems, i'll just do it right the next time around.

oh, and the adjustability of this thing just makes it worth it by itself. for one, its got adj shifter stops. two, it comes with a set of stiffer springs which are super easy to change out if you have a big enough hex key. and three, the height is slightly adjustable. you've really only got two choices though. low or lower.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
do the stiffer springs make it center better ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts