Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it lsp or isp and what is it short for? I see that during correction it is used after each step. Why?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
LSP means last step product. as in your Wax or sealant you plan to use on the car.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, so when people say lsp wipe down what does that mean? I want to know these terms in and out before correcting.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And also another question:
I'm using a compound, polish, sealant, wax. Will I achieve best results by sealing and then waxing on top of the sealant? Or vice versa?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if you wax then seal you will strip the wax with the sealant. when i do mine i go wash, claybar, glaze, seal, wax.
also you are talking about an IPA wipedown or isopropyl alcohol wipe down this is done after claybarring. i cant remember the dilution breakdown for it cause ive never done it, but its a supposed to get what the claybar didnt.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you wax then seal you will strip the wax with the sealant. when i do mine i go wash, claybar, glaze, seal, wax.
also you are talking about an IPA wipedown or isopropyl alcohol wipe down this is done after claybarring. i cant remember the dilution breakdown for it cause ive never done it, but its a supposed to get what the claybar didnt.
Ahh that's exactly what I was confused about.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
They sell IPA in 2 dilutions @ the drug store: 90% & 70%. When you get it home you dilute it 1:1. Its personal preference as to which one you use. It is not necessary to do an IPA wipedown before each step, but recomended. The most important one NOT to skip is the wipedown before you apply your LSP. Here are the steps you take:
Strip wash
Clay bar
IPA or rewash
Compund
IPA
Polish
IPA x2
Sealant
Wax

You do that and your golden!

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Almost, lol, IPA is not used to get what claybar didnt, its used to dissolve polish and polish residue, by doing this it leaves the surface of your paint super clean so your LSP will stick better to your paint, which means more durability. IPA wont have any affect on particles in the paint that you missed with clay. If you miss a tiny piece of debris when you are claying it will most likely come off when you polish...most likely. lol

And not ALL sealants will strip wax, depends on the wax and sealant, alot of waxes, once cured, can be topped with a spray sealant to boost durability and such, but generally speaking a wax does alot better on top of a sealant because waxes normally wear out before sealants.

Just my 2 cents lol. I love IPA melts off the wax and really helps LSPs bond well.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
lol ;) rumor has it you're supposed to rep posts you like :shiftyeyes
haha, cause youre running so low on rep man, lol.

done and done.

im the worst when it comes to that, im getting better though.

EDIT: haha i tried, and guess what, ive got to spread some around before i can give you more.

and youre welcome haha

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
well ya learn something new everyday. damn there is so much to learn about detailing . i have the general things down.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts