Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you guys get away with long tube headers? most web sites have a disclaimer that LT headers are not legal for a street emmisions controlled vehicles.

does your home state have minimal essions policy? do you change them back to stock when its time for emmisions check or vehicle registration??

either way i am jealous. you have them and i don't.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
L/T's in themselves aren't a problem it's when you take the catts off.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you can always get kooks, they are technically mid length headers.:D

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
CA that other country!! Dayum them!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Where are you from? It depends on the state, I know California is the most strict and I don't think that they allow longtubes. 95% of the states will allow them with CATs...so no off-road pipe unless you get all sneaky about it like...me, lol.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I am in NC now, but Ohio has no emissions so I have kept it tagged there.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
You can see by my signature what I have on my Stang. I'm legal except for how loud my car is! O2's are working and so are the hiflow cats.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
currently in NC but since i am retiring from the military soon, i guess i have no set home state. where the new job takes me will be determined later.

its all about doing the research, asking fellow mustangers and keeping it legal 'ish'. i'm trying to avaoid the hours of work to make it legal for a 10 minute emmisions check. lol

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Yeah CA sucks. If you dont have an EO number on your aftermarket engine part it should technically not pass the visual inspection. Its stupid, and the law should be blow clean out the pipes= pass, because thats all that really matters. The problem is that CARB makes grips of money of people trying to get their parts approved for smog.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts