Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will long tube headers grind on the ground since I'm going with H&R SS springs? I've heard from some that it can be risky getting long tubes when your car is slammed with Sportlines or SS's. :confused:

I'm getting MAC exhaust..I think I'll go straight through with Mac. (Exhaust,Headers,Pipe)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
It'll be close I think but other things will grind on the ground before the headers will. If you go over any abnormally big speed bumps that'll do some damage too, then again at stock height you can do some damage on speed bumps.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
just for a reference point, i have the pro kit and its 1.5 and havent hit anything, and ive got some crappy streets in my city. as long as your careful you'll be ok

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
my mac lts are tucked up very nicely under the car, but then again mines a 4v

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I scrape a lot. So i just avoid speed bumps or some of those crazy entrance/exits of some stores. But it is bound to happen every once in awhile. And my k member brace (vert) usually takes the brunt of it.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I have to go diagonally up driveways and go as slow as possible over speed bumps or I scrape mine and I have less of a drop than the SS. With a passenger in the car they scrape on high speed bumps and it's unavoidable.

·
Banned
491 Posts
I have H and R SS's and BBK LT's and I DONT Scrape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts