Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had long tubes in the past on my other Cobra's, but I haven't heard much about the Coyote motors and gains with them. What's everyone's thoughts on them on these motors and what do you think of JBA? I had them on an '05 GT I had and loved them. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hear good things about the kooks mid length. If your eventually going power adder, long tubes for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll definitely be going power adder down the road eventually. I've heard good things about Kooks, but for the price are they that much better than the JBA's?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ran BBK on a couple of my builds. Since then, I switched to KOOKS and the quality is definitely better. Whether it's worth the $$$ difference, not sure. I'm sure the JBA's will be fine and if the bung for the O2 sensors aren't angled correctly or at the wrong place, anybody can weld a bung where your tuner needs them to be.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I've had long tubes in the past on my other Cobra's, but I haven't heard much about the Coyote motors and gains with them. What's everyone's thoughts on them on these motors and what do you think of JBA? I had them on an '05 GT I had and loved them. Thanks for any input!
I hear good things about the kooks mid length. If your eventually going power adder, long tubes for sure.
I'll definitely be going power adder down the road eventually. I've heard good things about Kooks, but for the price are they that much better than the JBA's?
zy03svt - I'd have to side with KC here - I've had a great deal of experience with Kooks as of recent and we work together daily. They're a bunch of great guys and they make a fantastic product.

I can't stress this enough along with their build quality - If you're looking for hands down the best set of long tubes out there their Catted 1 7/8 Headers

Don't hesitate to let me know if you're to have any questions, I'm always around and I'm a PM away if you need our discount code for anything.

Alex

·
Registered
30 Posts
I added the kooks 1 7/8 catted headers to mine with corsa extreme catbacks. They are amazing. I will say they are a ***** to put on, no matter what brand you go with. I'm adding a video to the what did you do to your s550 thread

·
Registered
842 Posts
I can't imagine putting long tubes on an S550 the engine bay looks tight as is.
Its actually much easier than the 11-14's.... by a lot. K member is moved to the front a little more leaving much more room. We only have to lift the engine up a few inches and only takes us about 4-6 hours. 11-14 you really need to drop the K member.

For headers, I like the big 3. ARH, Kooks and Stainless Works/ Power. We run the full ARH system on our shop car but we've done quite a few installs with SW, always good quality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts