Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2v 5.4 with shorties that go to an H-pipe no cats and to Flowmaster Super 44s and I really like the way it sounds. What kind of difference in pitch/drone or whatever would there be if later down the road I got custom long tubes made to fit?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It would be more throaty, maybe deeper, but alot more rumble. LT's have amazing sound that you cant find with any other setup. If i ever pull my engine, im throwing some in there.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I replaced my shorties with LTs and I really like the results.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was thinking. Should probably put the 1400 towards a supercharger instead. Or at least until I hit the lotto.

·
Registered
808 Posts
FI and LTs = :naughty::) but NA not worth it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
there are some really nice set of lts for about 700, ceramic coated of course ;)
most members on here recommend them for the small hp gain over shorties, sound, and the worry-free long lasting product that they are!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
there are some really nice set of lts for about 700, ceramic coated of course ;)
most members on here recommend them for the small hp gain over shorties, sound, and the worry-free long lasting product that they are!
Those are for a 4.6, he said he is running a 5.4 and there are no aftermarket long tubes currently available for that motor in our car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts