Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
procrastinationist
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody uses a Lube Locker diff gasket? I used to have them on one of my Jeeps, but I don't remember how well they sealed. Also, as often as I had to drain those diffs due to being in mud, water, etc... I don't know if I would have even noticed them if they had a slow leak. So, should I worry about such a thing, or just go with the trusty old RTV?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I use RTV

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
I was wondering if anybody uses a Lube Locker diff gasket? I used to have them on one of my Jeeps, but I don't remember how well they sealed. Also, as often as I had to drain those diffs due to being in mud, water, etc... I don't know if I would have even noticed them if they had a slow leak. So, should I worry about such a thing, or just go with the trusty old RTV?
I used them on my jeep for the same reasons, iirc they were about $35 a seal. How often do you go into your mustangs 8.8?

Another reason I went lubelocker was because you could smoke the diff into a rock, if it shifted it sealed up. Rtv doesn't do that.

For me, on the mustang, rtv will be sufficient

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.