Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I changed my oil at my work and I got full synthetic 5w-20. They don't carry any 5w-30 or 10w-30 at the lube/oil bay so I just got the 5w-20. I just put in some Lucas Oil Synthetic stabilizer... I thought it would thicken the oil up a little but the synthetic stabilizer seemed a little more thin than the regular stabilizer... Anyone have any experience with the synthetic stabilizer? It seems thicker than regular oil but still more thin than the regularstabilizer... My oil pressure is the same as it was before the oil change and it's synthetic so maybe I wont have a problem? Also noticed my engine revs up faster.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You noticed the engine revved up faster? wtf?

You have a stop watch out and timed it??????????
throttle response. Slightly but I could tell a difference from the full synthetic oil and the old oil. Starts up easier too.

And again with the smart ass comments? It's cool that you know alot about engines and **** but dude seriously, you don't need to be a dick to people who aren't as knowlegable about cars as you.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
im not a fan of STP or similar products after seeing what they do, they actually thin the oils when the get warm... Something I never knew until in my old truck, I put in normal 20W50 and had 17 PSI at idle and then put some oil stablizer in it, and it has 14 PSI at idle later...

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen UOA reports and it thickens it at high temperatures... I want my oil thicker. I was just wondering if the synthetic is less thick than the regular

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
5w-20 is going to result in wiped bearings in a 302. They make that stuff for the tighter clearances of the modular motors.

Change your oil

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
5w-30 is what is recomended for a 5.0 HO , a good synthetic dosn't need any additive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The synthetic IS thinner than the regular. It is recomended for power stroke diesels where the oil pressure directly affects how the injector pump works. The regular stuff is too thick for the P/S deisels. It is fine in your car. I got this from Lucas after being asked what the difference one day at work, so i called them.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The synthetic IS thinner than the regular. It is recomended for power stroke diesels where the oil pressure directly affects how the injector pump works. The regular stuff is too thick for the P/S deisels. It is fine in your car. I got this from Lucas after being asked what the difference one day at work, so i called them.
finally someone answers my question. Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts