Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
what is wrong with Lucas? I have heard nothing but positive things about it. Just curious..

·
Registered
491 Posts
the engine restorer right... i use it with every oil change but the synthetic one (i run synthetic oil) and my motor has no leaks and burns no oil and im gonna roll over 100k this week !

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
the engine restorer right... i use it with every oil change but the synthetic one (i run synthetic oil) and my motor has no leaks and burns no oil and im gonna roll over 100k this week !
No, I think he means the Lucas oil stabilizer. I ran that restorer stuff when I first bought my car. Didn't really notice any differenc in anything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I run Mobile 1 full syn with a qrt of Lucas full syn in everything.

I had an 89 GT that I sold to a friend. I drag raced it a lot (148k mil on engine) and when I sold it to him I let him know that the motor is getting tired but everything was running and operating like it should. After a couple months he took it to the strip, made a few passes and lost all oil pressure. Long story short, he drove it 25 miles back home thinking it was only a failed oil gauge because of how good it was still running. I warned him not to drive it. I told him about the oil combo I was using and if it is as good as they say it is then that might be the only thing keeping it going. He said it was not hot or making any engine noise so he drove it home. He then took it to work the next day, all seemed fine (Now I was starting to think it was not an oil pressure problem) but on the way back home from work at 40-50 mph it started getting hot made a some noise and locked up. After taking the motor apart, yeap, no oil pressure. The combo of Mobile 1 full syn and the Lucas is what kept it going all that time. Not a good way of finding out how good the stuff is but I am all the more a believer now.

P.S. The engine was a stock lower 5.0 and stock heads. The oil combo was 3qts Mobile1 10w30 and 2qts of Lucas.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
There is another thread on additives.
They are just not necessary. No evidence of they doing anything good (or bad) for the engine.
Waste of money imo. But if it makes you feel better, then go ahead and use them.

Most, not all, but MOST of the oil additives products have all been sued by the govt. for making false claims.

You can do a quick search and read all about it. Happened several years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts