Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed some seats from a s197 in my 2003, and they are great with exception to the lumbar support. the lumbar just clicks when you try to move it, problem is, its stuck out, so its constantly putting pressure on my lower back and within a couple miles it gets painful. There any way of fixing this without pulling the seat back out? I dont need it fully functional, just want to drop it back to where its not sticking out all the way. my goal is to grab some 2013 take off premium leather, so when i strip em for that I can repair completely. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
do you have power to the lumbar switch?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
good question about power. if you decide you don't want it at all i need a new bag for mine.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
^ i was thinking the same

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's got power, motor just clicks like it's gears slipping. These aren't a bag, it's part of the seat frame. I was hoping to find out more info before I rip the leather off, guess ill pop the seat and post pics of what's wrong haha.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
yea i have an 06 so i have the crappy design

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Seats are mofo expensive, I wanted some GT500 Leather recaros, 2k.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They look too aftermarket to me, out of place. I like the look and feel of the stock s197 seats much more then my new edge ones. Plus I only paid $200 for the front and rear, already pulled.

I disconnected the spring on the adjustment and it flattened right out, didn't even have to strip the leather off. Ill update on a fix when I replace the leather in a few weeks or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts