Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at this tire for street/strip use. Anyone using them or know what kind of tread life I can expect? I don't plan to DD them everyday, I have a Jeep I can drive most of the week and in the rain, but I still would like to drive the mustang a day or two out of the week. My front tires are 235/55R17s and I this is the only tire I could find with a similar height as the front ones, I would be running 275/50R17s.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Do you mean the Racemaster drag radials? I had them on my stock 17" rims and they worked great. I kept them on the car from the spring all the way through the end of the fall/beginning of winter without any issues.

Totally depends on how many miles you drive on them but I can see you getting a year out of them. I probably put 6000-7000 miles on mine.

I currently have the 325/50/15's and they lasted me all year and that was with a lot of racing but not as many street miles.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats what I meant, thanks. I wanted to run the stock wheels and my front tires (235/55R17) have a good amount of tread on them so I dont want to replace them. These M&H are the only D/Rs that are made in a 275/50R17, all the other D/Rs are 275/40R17s and I dont want the car to look odd with the height difference in tires.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
It wont be that much of a difference in tire size since that 40,50,or 55 number is only the aspect ratio compared to tire width.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
It wont be that much of a difference in tire size since that 40,50,or 55 number is only the aspect ratio compared to tire width.
On the contrary, aspect ratio makes a huge difference in tire size.

275/40/17 is 25.75" tall
275/50/17 is 27.8" tall, that's a 2" difference.
And if you go to a 275/55/17, that's over another inch taller.
That is a difference of over 3" in height going from the 40 series to the 55 series. Makes a big difference in effective gear ratio too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts