Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my plan is doing a 4.2 stroker rotating assembly on my 2000 V6 manual....And i plan on doing the 2.8 KB. My question that i cant seem to find an answer to is this: Does the PCV "have" to be deleted for this setup.....rather with the Kenne Bell, or the M112? If it needs to be deleted.....someone please post links to places where to buy deletes at or instructions on how-to.....if it doesnt need deleted, just give me the pros and cons as to leaving it or removing it. Ive read numerous forums of back and forth between 'yes it has to be deleted via breathers' and others saying it aint worth it and the smell in the cabin is horrible so keep it by all means." Thanks guys.......i need some answers and not the run around game.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha holy **** for what reason? and also ticket...........im gonna pm you since you did the m112 kit i got a few questions.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
2.8 is way too big, you need a 2.2L

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well im not to worried about that because i got a buddy with a 2.1 off his 04 mach 1 that wants bigger and said he would swap me....but my question is on the pcv setup?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
delete it or keep it its up to you, I would just run breathers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya but i heard that keeping it will cause it not to run right because of the increase blowby, itll cause the system to work in reverse and blow out the S/C inlet...but deleting it wont work because it still needs a vacuum to pull out the fumes and if u run the ac or heat ull smell it inside the cabin...so its like a catch 22 either way.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
hey tooldrmr2009 is the kb blower gonna be cooled then? jc, cuz that would be crazy if it was.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya me and the guy thats working on building my motor ect with me is planning on doing a intercooler for it he is working with a guy that does svt applications to see the easiest way i can get a true bolt up kit with the least amount of fabbing work:yes

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
that is sweet, how does an intercooler work on a roots style blower? i am jc because you do not have an inlet and outlet like on a centrifgaul. i am really jc. and if you do fig all this out it will make a world of difference to the v6ers. that is sweet.

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
i have yet to see an intercooler on a m112 type setup. the m90s do. must be a lot of custom work involved to get an intercooler on the m112 setup. and i agree 2.8KB is too big for the 4.2 sixxer.

and codeman he is gonna go KB which is a twin screw blower, not roots

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Sorry My bad, but dont they only have the one inlet by the throttle body? Becuase on the centrifigual you have the inlet for the air and then it goes through the supercharger then to the intercooler and into your intake. I am just curious how that works on the blower. It really has just been kind of bugging me actually how it works. Because you can not suck the air through the blower and run it to the intercooler then into the intake. I know that is what the cobra has on the m112 to cool the air and that is why the m112 on the v6 gets heat soaked because you do not have that cooling. that is why i am curious how you would use an intercooler on a blower?

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
noone has figured out a way to intercool the m112 setup on the v6 yet.. some have tried, but not completed it. there were a few on v6power that were working on it, but who knows how that ended up. i know one decided to go turbo instead. i would love to see someone work a intercooler setup on the m112 setup.. it would be a first

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
alright. ya it would be tough i mean you would be better off doing the after cool kind of deal that the stock cobra has. idk how that would work either but it would be easier than trying to figure out how to intercool it. because the air is not necessarily hot going in so you would have to somehow like collect the air after the blower and then cycle it through an intercooler and then push it back into the intake.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well guys im not sure either but he is pretty sure he can make it work....his current vehicle is a 5.0 mustang pushing over 900hp+...so i trust the guy....but my dad has done a setup with a intercooler on his supercharger on the 04 ss impala 3.8L setups and its just an intercooler that sits under the S/C....and when i showed that to the guy he said it would be similar and combine the ideas of the front mount and that setup....the only problems im gonna have are time....money...and clearance issues now.

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
the people that were trying to fit a intercooler under the m112 also had clearance issues. that will be the major factor. you would have to have a moster cowl for it. if he can get it to work that would be awesome, but honestly the gains wouldnt be worth the trouble.. thats why the others abandoned the project. turbo much much easier, cheaper, and more powerful

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ok that makes sense, since that is how the stock cobra one works. and i didnt not believe him i was jc, i like to kind of understand how things work i am weird like that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey ya thats fine i know to...thats how i work is either visualize or by normally trusting someone else...thats why im trying to do all the research now because in the end id rather be ahead then get everything done and go to throw it in my car, and ive got 25 other issues to solve and have my car sit for months...hence why ive spent hours on end researching everything

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
that is a good approach. well i wish you the best of luck and cant wait to hear more about it as you start doing it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ya thanks i have a feeling im gonna be needing the luck...i picked up an 01 motor, trans, rear end, pcm, ect ect for a couple hundred $$....only had about 70K on it, so im gonna be using that as my build block and swap everything over that i need from my 2000 motor...and anything i dont need ill be selling or ditching pretty much....everythings ordered and im just working out the final kinks right now...so i should be start the build within the week yet depending on when parts come ect.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts