Modded Mustang Forums banner

M112 upgrade

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Jadon Wilkinson 
#1 · (Edited)
Have been working on this the past couple of weeks Thought I would share my progress. I am putting a cobra M112 on my mostly restored 91 mustang. wont be using an intercooler, only water/meth injection turning on at 4 psi. Finishing up the intake tube going to the filter this week hopefully.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Also I ground down all the weld, cut the tabs off the back and sand blasted the whole intake box before painting.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Also Here are a few of the interior work and the suspension.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13177271_1173019486050098_8729044003984939859_n.jpg?
[IMG]https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13164195_1173019509383429_1841650631615857822_n.jpg?oh=da24a16c79ec28a192c19388ef2b7c0c&oe=579A4BF0
oh=aaec303b4f5623d4cca23ea119690c90&oe=57B06DC1[/IMG]

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

See less See more
#5 ·
I sort of had the same questions as I was building it. That's why I opted for 1/4 inch steel for the top and bottom so it wont flex. I think it should handle quite well. as far as being sealed I hooked a compressor to the intake port and had 15#'s on it for a while with no real leaks around any of the matting surfaces. I actually just got it started last night, It sound amazing so far. I will probably do a quick drive around the block But have to setup an appointment to get it tuned. hopefully this week.

#6 ·
That's frigging awesome man! Wish I had the know how to do stuff like this. I'm happy when I finish installing basic bolt ons or suspension parts. lol

And the car is looking damn good too. Nice work.

#7 ·
thanks I appreciate it. LOL, I feel the same way about stuff sometimes. You just gotta jump in and start doing it! until you come to a problem then you figure the problem out and continue till the next one. Like with the welding, I wanted to do this so I went and got a welder and just started practicing. I'm okay with it but by no means a pro. But once you get started on anything it gets easier with time. Don't ever be scared to try something new. But I will tell you I will never do interior work again. I effin hated it.

#9 ·
Thank you! I did not redo them. that actually made me quite mad about the fact that some fiber board and pleather cost 400 dollars. But after looking at my raged spray painted ones against everything else being new, I finally caved and bought new. I will post a video clip this week. I went to set the timing and for some mysterious reason my timing pointer is gone. Dam Pinned hoods!

#10 ·

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

So I ran into a problem that I can't believe I didn't notice. I took it for a drive this weekend and I made 1 pound of boost. I get back into my garage and am sitting there confused. after looking at it for a while I notice my crank pulley. I have a 4 inch crank pulley. So basically right now the supercharger is running almost 1 to 1 with the crank. I will be off to the junk yard again to get a crank from a 95 f-150 to put on there so it will spin it up.

#11 ·
Hey guys!

Sorry have not been on for a while with an update, My ass has been in Korea. I'm jonesing to drive my car. I will be back in the good ole USA end of this week. Have been thinking of something and wanted to know what you guys think. So I have finished the hardware part of my M112 supercharger upgrade. Sounds amazing under a little load. I was still in the process of tuning it before I Left. I have idle good and simple driving good. When I get back I will being doing WOT pulls to dial it in. Once I do I will send some videos. So I have had a lot of time to think about when this block is going to break apparently as all 302's do. I already am planning on starting a backup block build when I get done tuning the car. I have been torn on getting the 351 due to all the stuff I would need to change out and make fit properly into the car. And I might have a chance to get a 65 289 block for 80 bucks. I have done some research and from what I understand is the 289 is stronger in the main webbing and stronger block in general than the 302's. So what do you guys think of taking the 289 to a 331 stroker? From what I have read the specs are all the same as far parts just 302 longer stroke.

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Also does anyone know why my photos are not there anymore?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.