Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, im dead set on getting a Upr o/r x pipe with a straight through muffler. I originally wanted to get the Borla's but their not really in my budget. So that leaves me with Pypes M80s or Magnapacks. I've read that they are basically the same but the price difference makes me kinda iffy. Do they sound the same? Or is it worth it to shell out the extra money for the Magnapacks?

·
Registered
972 Posts
From the videos I've watched, the m80s sound awesome. Haven't heard them in person though

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had the magnapacks, great tone. Most pypes I have heard have been a bit raspier. But I'm running LM1s now.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
I had magnapacks on my previous GT with a pypes O/R x and it sounded amazing. I just picked up some LM1's for my current car with a mac prochamber. my .2c

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Go with the packs, I had them with an O/R H and they sounded great at idle and cruising, but the tone at WOT was horrible IMO. I swapped to LT's and O/R X with the Packs and it sounds awesome. They're nascar loud at WOT. After hearing both I recommend going with an O/R X. However the O/R H will be louder cruising around (below 2.5k) but I think the tone at 3k+ is trash.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
I have a o/r x pipe with no mufflers and it sounds like sex to me :dunno I want magnapacks though when I get tired of this sound.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
OP this guy has an UPR x pipe paired up with the m80s. It sounds damn decent to me

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go with the packs, I had them with an O/R H and they sounded great at idle and cruising, but the tone at WOT was horrible IMO. I swapped to LT's and O/R X with the Packs and it sounds awesome. They're nascar loud at WOT. After hearing both I recommend going with an O/R X. However the O/R H will be louder cruising around (below 2.5k) but I think the tone at 3k+ is trash.
Yeah i saw some videos with o/r h and i dont like the tone at all.

I have a o/r x pipe with no mufflers and it sounds like sex to me :dunno I want magnapacks though when I get tired of this sound.

So basically o/r x with lm1? lol I think o/r x with lm1 sounds pretty cool but i live in a hick town where almost everybody has straight pipes on their trucks/cars and im kinda tired of that "no muffler" sound. I like loud but something with a good tone.

Yeah i saw those videos, makes me want to get the M80s! haha

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
O/r x with lm1 is way to loud. Doesn't even have a tone, sounds crappy.

One of the better setups is lm1 with an off road pro chamber. I loved that setup on my car.

I'd go with the magnapacks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have a prochamber with a borla catback, it's loud, not raspy at all and IMO the best sounding exhaust you can get. That being said I have heard that the m80's are similar to the Borlas so that is what I would go with.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here's the link. All I searched in google was "Borla S-Type Muffles Only"

Makes life a easier if you just want the mufflers and if you have good piping already, all you have to do is cut and weld!

Thank Me Later!:drink

borla stinger mufflers only - Google Search

·
Registered
612 Posts
Came in here to post my vids up for you, but I got beat to it lol. I have the m-80s and love em. Every meet I go to I have people asking about my setup saying they want the same sound. So as soon as someone pops up with it, I'm gonna switch it up again lol. But UPR/Pypes setup is great and my favorite so far.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I'm running prochamber and M80, everyone loves it. I'll link up a YouTube video when I'm not on my phone.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only issue i see with M80s are the core size. Clearly it will flow more than enough in terms of CFM, but pending on placement of the mufflers, velocity will become a factor...gotta admit they sure do sound nasty though lol...had them on my built hemi

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts