Modded Mustang Forums banner

M90 build

921 views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  3.8GTR 
#1 ·
I'm going to start building my M90 build in the coming days. I don't exactly know how things will hold up but in all honesty I just want to do it and see if it holds up. I am going to put SC heads and supercharger on a 2000 3.8 block (or try to at least) and put it all in my 98 stang. I do have the SC block but the crank spun a main so I plan to use that with new internals/cam/heads and install that later on. (hopefully next year income tax:naughty:).

Any thoughts? feel free to comment/shoot some advice. Ill try and get some pics up soon

#3 ·
Yea, I plan to use that SC block for all the new internals/heads/cam when I purchase them. I'm doing this for now because I have most of what I need already. I wonder what kind of HP Ill have when I'm done, just hope it doesn't blow up in my face

#4 ·
Theres plenty of guys done the swap you speak of and run the piss out of em daily.. They just cant run the boost they wish they could... I still have yet to find out exactly how much I can run w my forged motor.. Either way right out of the gate the sc motor and that '00 motor have entirely different crank pos sensors..machining is required for cps exerter..idk how 98 was you may get away w using the timing cover from the engine in your car..complete accesory swap to use pigtails off factory harness... Youll need fuel system and probably clutch upgrades... better do it all in one run buddy... I started out w just a swap and this thing has went from mild to wild... My aftermarket list has become HUGE...AND I LOVE IT!

#7 ·
The guy I bought the SC motor/m90 from said it was already swapped in another 98 stang when it spun a main, thinkin that will make it easier when that SC block is all ready. For now its the 00 block but I dont think ill run into that problem other than relocating a couple things

#10 ·
From what I can fine online, a stock 91 SC was 215hp. I think though with that on a newer block with some exhaust work,bigger intercooler in front of the radiator(instead of behind like on the stock 91SC) and a tune Im guessing 245ish? I'm really not sure other than Ill be so much happier with that instead of my stock 98 3.8 lol

#11 ·
Ok, former super coupe owner checking in. The 91 was 215HP/315Tq, the 2nd gen blower made 235HP. Exhaust is a big deal on these cars, as is the throttle body. I have some leftover SC parts, including a good .20 over short block with remanufactured autozone cranksahft. I would let them go stupidly cheap since they are just sitting out in my scrap metal pile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.