Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm uploading photos of the 1300 dollar paint job from maaco. should I even go up there and ask them to fix it or should I just take it to another shop to get these fixed. There's a lot of orange peel on the hood and on the ground effects it looks like they didn't even sand the plastic pieces down but just sprayed over the silver paint. Also there are chips on the front bumper that came off while washing the car.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
lol prep is 98% of the job... any ****ing monkey can spray back and forth over a car but if it's not properly prep'd then it's going to turn out to be **** like in your case they probably did a half assed prep job or didn't prep it at all in most spots.. sprayed it and bam you have a **** job.

I'd go back and freak the **** out and demand the **** be fully sanded and prep then want to look it over first before they attempt to paint it again. Now are they going to do this is a different story.. good luck

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you go back , I would try to be as nice as possable about it and see if they take care of it . Only reason i say be nice is if they have ur car again and u freak out on them who knows what they may do to it while its there, but i wouldnt even go back i would take pics and demand partial or whole refund and go somewhere else. NEVER GO TO MAACO UNLESS YOU DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR CAR!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
All maaco does is scotchbrite a car unless there is bodywork involved. That was the standard a few years ago. If you prep a car yourself and tape it you can get a 10 footer paint job from them. Used car dealers us them alot.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't have a lot of money and the car needed to be painted I expected more than just a pile of **** for what I paid for it. I'm only 17 I don't have a lot of money to dump into my car I saved up all my money for a month to pay for that.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I had my import done by maco i had no regrets, But at that time the owner of the shop was really into drag racing so he looked out for me. Everyone that worked there took pride in there job and they all had amazing race cars. They told me that they herd horror stories before but its all about who takes pride.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
The most important thing now is going to be getting all that paint in the improperly prepped areas off or it will seperate again. And the stuff that appears to be sticking now may not be later. For 1300 bucks you prolly got exactly your money's worth. Hard to complain about that. Chalk it up as a lesson learned. Go to reputable shops and see what they would have charged. You'll see what I mean about you getting 1300 bucks worth. Gonna get your attorney involved, :lmao, if you could only afford Maaco, you can't afford an attorney that's going to get you any kind of 'good' judgement from them in court.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
The most important thing now is going to be getting all that paint in the improperly prepped areas off or it will seperate again. And the stuff that appears to be sticking now may not be later. For 1300 bucks you prolly got exactly your money's worth. Hard to complain about that. Chalk it up as a lesson learned. Go to reputable shops and see what they would have charged. You'll see what I mean about you getting 1300 bucks worth. Gonna get your attorney involved, :lmao, if you could only afford Maaco, you can't afford an attorney that's going to get you any kind of 'good' judgement from them in court.

:yes i agree

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Should have asked for advice BEFORE going to Maaco, then you wouldnt have this problem!!
maaco is fail, and you learned first hand.
+1000

Ya bro you should have ask about that place. me and my dad both had a car painted there. the main problem we had from them was the paint flaked off right in the center of the hood. It looked like there was no primer under the paint cuz when it flake off it was just bare metal. Like i said two different cars painted at two different times Same shop though. We took one car back to them they repaired the hood but 6 monthes later it did it again.

If its possible id get your money back and go some where else...I mean i guess give them a chance to fix it but i guaranty it wont be right...Also stay away from EARL SCHEIB. i think there a little better then macco but not by much.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
The only thing you can do is go back and see what they can do for you. Don't be a hothead about it or they'll throw you out.
Hang in there. It's unfortunate, but it happened. You may not get them to fix it, but you may get some of your money back.
What's your attorney going to do? If you do hire one, make sure it's on a contingency basis, especially if you think 1300 bucks is a lot of money!! After all, they painted your car and that's what you paid them to do..
Good luck!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts