Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats everyones opinions on getting my car painted by maaco? im going to do all the sanding, bondo, touch up stuff as well as take off all the emblems, trim and lights, and mask off most of it(ill trailer it there). so all they really have to do is paint it. would they still do a decent job?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Be specific with what you want, and make sure you get base coat then clear coat if you go with a cheaper paint job they will mix the coats together and it leaves fisheyes and tends to crack make sure you let the car sit out of the weather and dont wash it for at least a week the paint has to cure or you will run into issues. good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
It cost a lil more for the base coat and clear coat paint job but you will see the difference in the quality dont make the same mistake i did by going with the deal spring paint job it was crap and it looked like they rushed it. i learned the hard way. Good luck

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
If you want a good paintjob, just save up some more money... wait a little longer.

If you dont have time to do it right this time, when will you have time to fix it?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now that i think about it for just painting the car(the right way) i dont think the price could vary too crazy much between maaco and a quality shop. ill prob end up going to the nicer shops. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i heard about some maaco's what their problem is, is the prep work, so maybe if you do that and do it right, if they cant spray the thing without and problems they should not be allowed to paint lol ... i agree with the guy about saving up for a job you have no doubts about man. rest easy that week it is being done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts