Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cruising up and down ritchie highway on friday night (without zootoxin who was suppose to go back down there at 1030 and didnt) anyway had a lightning say mustangs were slow, Dont worry, he got schooled not that i took him, but i stayed nose to nose with him.

Anyway before i get yelled out for this not being a tech subject, my point is i cruised with this guy with mac axle backs. I never heard these before other then redfire's exhuast sticky. Man they sound pretty good if you like an aggressive sound. they were loud on acceleration. He had stock manifold and stock midpipe. his only other mod was c&l racer with tune. anyone on this site running those macs? from the outside i was impressed with the volume and throaty tone of them. I see redfire said there is a ton of drone is that why they are not more popular?

Funny thing was at the light the guy with the macs said "what are you mostly stock except for your rims" HUH? I said "yea basically, exept for my steeda cai, lets go steeda against c&l". What is he deaf? I guess he couldnt hear my car with all the drone. Oh well seeing is believing.....seeing my taillights...he might be switching to the steeda if he didnt figure out i had a little more then that.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
thats funny man...nice job with the lightning too, i've seen some of those things with some work done...they are no joke :D

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats funny man...nice job with the lightning too, i've seen some of those things with some work done...they are no joke :D

Oh his truck was no joke! I like lightnings. but his exact words were the new mustang dont get out of there own way even modded. I pulled with him so i guess he is slow too.

supercharger on that thing was annoyingly loud, are that way stock? certainly louder then the eaton on the termi. its souded like a centrifigual. just screaming, usually i cant hear anything over my car.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Oh his truck was no joke! I like lightnings. but his exact words were the new mustang dont get out of there own way even modded. I pulled with him so i guess he is slow too.

supercharger on that thing was annoyingly loud, are that way stock? certainly louder then the eaton on the termi. its souded like a centrifigual. just screaming, usually i cant hear anything over my car.
yep i think they are supercharged stock...i want a lightning as a DD :D

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Lightnings are sweet, I almost got for a DD, just couldn't go through with it....didn't make sense in the end. I got MACs with Kooks LTs, i like the sound. I like the MACs better then the Magnapaks I had before.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I heard the MACs have drone on a stock exhaust, i don't know...already had my LTs and midpipe on when I switched them. I like the throatier sound the MACs had over the Magnapaks I had before. Still not as deep as I would like, but its an improvement IMO.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I heard the MACs have drone on a stock exhaust, i don't know...already had my LTs and midpipe on when I switched them. I like the throatier sound the MACs had over the Magnapaks I had before. Still not as deep as I would like, but its an improvement IMO.

An H-pipe would make them considerably deeper. They are one of the few companies whose sound is comparible to the classic muscle car sound, besides Flowmaster. But Flows I heard sound shitty on these 3V's.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I think the two best sounding exhaust systems are the Boomtubes and Mac axle-backs...both very aggressive and deep. The Boomtubes have a little deeper tone with less drone.

·
Registered
514 Posts
but his exact words were the new mustang dont get out of there own way even modded.
I have a question to what this guy said. The 05+ has the most HP and TQ of Mustangs of the past but with that said does this mean that it is slower than like a 88 which had like 225hp and 280TQ?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I have a question to what this guy said. The 05+ has the most HP and TQ of Mustangs of the past but with that said does this mean that it is slower than like a 88 which had like 225hp and 280TQ?
Some guys you will notice are always moving their lips, but yet nothing of substance is coming out of them. :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I am supposed to race this Typhoon with full exhaust... Who knows...
I love the lightenings though... Only pickup I would buy lol...

The Lightenings I have heard do not have very loud S/Cs so Who knows what this guy had done...

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL, the guy was talking ****. we were just playing light to light. What he ask me was

"did justin do your cams" meaning justing at JPC.

I said yea but their comp cams not FRPP.

He said "yea, well he did my brothers cams too and his mustang still wont get out of its own way"

We took of from the light, i left better then him and his nose was at about my door by the time we let off. Stop at the next light.

He said what "else you got done to it"

I said " the usuall bolt ons and headers" forgot to mention the 4.10s:)

He said the "new mustangs dont seem to respond that well to stuff" "How do you like the cams"

I said "love em"

Took off from the light and had the same results. stop at the next light.

He was talking something i forget what. we left from that light and he got a better take off and we stayed nose to nose till about 50 or 60.

Stoped at next light and he said "its pretty quick" :)

i said "thanks and nice truck"

Neither one of us were 100%, just playing. he spun a little on the launches but neither one was really launching, we were chirping second hard but not launching hard. so its not real test. But on the times we went from the roll and stuff i think my car pulled as hard as is truck but who knows.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts