Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a guy I've been talkin to thats selling a set of Mac longtubes that he says he's never used. He said he bought them and then sold his car. What would be a good price?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
I got mine from AM a few years ago. I think I paid something like $250 for a set of new ones. They weren't ceramic coated, just the hi temp silver paint...

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He says theyre ceramic and he'll take 150 for them Im waitin for a pic but as soon as I get it and make sure theyre not trashed, ill be sending him the money

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Yeah, if they're good to go and aren't banged up, jump on that...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
yup god deal i paid 250 for mine w hpipe

·
Savage 2v
1,701 Posts
If you do buy them and go to install them, make sure to lock your steering wheel, and take the steering shaft off. Bolts under the dash and one on the joint by the rack. Just installed my motor/trans with these LT's and it wouldn't go in without the shaft removed...just a headsup

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you do buy them and go to install them, make sure to lock your steering wheel, and take the steering shaft off. Bolts under the dash and one on the joint by the rack. Just installed my motor/trans with these LT's and it wouldn't go in without the shaft removed...just a headsup
What if we just lift the engine? Would that be easier?

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
You dont have to totally remove the steering shaft. Just remove the pinch bolt where the steering shaft meets the rack, and slide it up. The steering shaft goes through the header. So make sure you slide it through before you bolt up the header.

Droping the k-member does make it easier, but i just jacked up the motor a little, bc i have a tubular k-member.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Think I paid $350. for mine, they had bout 40 miles on them, with x pipe.

I have a brand new set of Percy's locking header bolts if you want them. $45. shipped.
They will cost you close to $60. from Jegs. Thats what I paid.
pm me if interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts