Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the part # of the long tube headers for a 2001 mustang GT ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
thats a vague question, can you be more specific?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a vague question, can you be more specific?
vague?

need the part number of mac long tube headers for a 2001 gt,IT cant get more simple than that .

:eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
lol, my fault, i didn't see MAC in the subject. I can't see well so i avoid reading certain things.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
lol, my fault, i didn't see MAC in the subject. I can't see well so i avoid reading certain things.
lol i figured that ..my fault i should have added that in the text box again

thanks

Ok im wondering now how hard are these to install (my friend has a lift) and will these sit lower than the stock exhaust system ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
well in order to do long tubes your going to need to drop your k-member or lift your motor. You may want to remove your wheels to gain access to some bolts. Your starter will need to be pulled. And its allot to handle without some help if you've never done them. But if you take your time and follow the instructions you should be capable. Make sure you leave yourself enough time. Mine took me about 12 hours without a lift.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well in order to do long tubes your going to need to drop your k-member or lift your motor. You may want to remove your wheels to gain access to some bolts. Your starter will need to be pulled. And its allot to handle without some help if you've never done them. But if you take your time and follow the instructions you should be capable. Make sure you leave yourself enough time. Mine took me about 12 hours without a lift.
ahh thanks :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
not a problem. let me know how it goes

·
Registered
175 Posts
Be warned, Ive been waiting 3 weeks now for MAC to make some headers, seems they were all sold out. Was told maybe next week they will be done. I got the LT Mac cermaic coated headers for 02gt, just beaware.

Tony

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be warned, Ive been waiting 3 weeks now for MAC to make some headers, seems they were all sold out. Was told maybe next week they will be done. I got the LT Mac cermaic coated headers for 02gt, just beaware.

Tony
how much did you pay ?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I did my long tube install by myself i left the starter in and left the k-member on a jack it was pretty easy to install the headers. it would hav been easyer to do with a lift but the ground was all i had lol. I started at 8:30 at night and dident get done till 6:00 in the morining.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did my long tube install by myself i left the starter in and left the k-member on a jack it was pretty easy to install the headers. it would hav been easyer to do with a lift but the ground was all i had lol. I started at 8:30 at night and dident get done till 6:00 in the morining.
Wow grats

question what did you put on the header bolts( loctight) ?

if so the red or blue ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
i think i started around 7 or 8 pm to 11-12 at night 3 nights in a row. All on work nights with a drop light and a jack. Taking the starter out was a big help, but i also have slp headers, i'm not sure but we may have different clearance issues.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Think I payed like 400 something from lethal performance. I got the midpipes from them in under a week. Ive looked around at a few other places and its same price or higher and they dont have free shiping. Sucks, took 2 weeks off from work to do the installed because I ordered everything first week of feb :p Been staring at this mid pipe and all sorts of stuff for 3 weeks now.

And I did get the cermaic coated ones, not much rust down here in Tucson but better safe then sorry.

·
Registered
139 Posts
lol 8:30pm - 6am.. nice. i hear a lot of people say headers arent worth the time to install them or money to have them installed. what do u guys think? are they worth it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think headers are a key mod for these. I mean you add 20-30 rwhp with long tubes/mid pipe. And I wouldnt even try to run a supercharger/turbo with out them.

Just think, try running and you can only exhail through a straw, theres your stock manifolds. Put some long tubes on there and let the air flow!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts