Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I yank my five speed with the Mac long tubes still installed? Clutch is bad and it looks like it is going to be tight. Fingers crossed headers were a pita even with tubular k.

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Should be able to. MAC's are one of the few brands I've heard that still allow trans removal without removing the headers.

edit: I have a friend who had MAC longtubes on his 2v and he dropped the tranny several times without removing the headers.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I have them, I would say you could get the 5 spd. out without fulling removing either side header, but it looks like it would be much easier to just loosen the passenger side to allow enough "wiggle" to give more clearance. I would be weary of going Mac again, my driver side header flanges were warped and straight up didn't mate up with the factory bolt holes. I had to bore out the holes in the DS header to install them. These were bought brand new also.
edit: one of the posts says otherwise, that you can infact drop the tansmission without touching the headers.

On the other hand, they're the best sounding headers without a doubt.'

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
So that's a definite yes u can get the tranny out without removing them? I have been wondering this as well and this has been all that's kept me from getting a stall and putting it in...

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
kooks or arh are the beswt sounding headers:)
Probably, because the only cars that have them are usually high powered and well built. Not very often you see arh's or kooks on a 2v. Cobra's, however, are a different story; many kooks/arh setups.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
So that's a definite yes u can get the tranny out without removing them? I have been wondering this as well and this has been all that's kept me from getting a stall and putting it in...
With an auto.... I'm not sure, but the manual is a 100% yes.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Shaun has kooks. and im jealous that he has them for his 2v. Im waiting for my lts to get ripped off so i can buy a set of kooks

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Kooks ftw!!!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Does anybody know about an auto?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
:/

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all. My new face plate for aluminum spec fw, ram dual friction clutch, and ford bearing set will be in Thurs. I'll be happy to get her back on the road. Sorry bout your luck with the warped Macs mine have been great minus installation. :bash:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts