Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I have a Mac O/R H-Pipe that is just too loud for a daily driver. If I don't sell it, would swapping the Mac H piece the mid-pipe with the stock do anything if at all fit?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I don't understand your question. Are you talking about cutting the H out of the Mac mid pipe and welding it in place of the stock cross over?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
ok that makes no sense to me . unless im just reading it wrong..

umm stock midpipe will be quieter. and yes it will fit. im lost.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
What is this too loud you speak of?:confused: I guess my noise tolerance must be higher.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha. The drone man the drone. 2000rpm is a killer. :yes

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i think he wants to know if putting his cats on that midpipe would take away from performance.......

dunno, thats how i interpeted it

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Are you running the stock catback? I don't think you can just bolt that h piece into you old one. The stock one should be a one piece unit.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Roo FI OOOOOOOOOOOO!!! FTMFW BTW

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
ahhh man 2000rpm is the best, but diffrent strocks for diffrent folks

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
i think he wants to know if putting his cats on that midpipe would take away from performance.......

dunno, thats how i interpeted it

There is not realy any performance gain by just changing out the H-section. Its the stock cats that will kill the power. you could go to a catted h-pipe, they come with high flow cats. and are quieter. But if you are gonna use the stock cats you might as well put the stock mid pipe back on.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
There is not realy any performance gain by just changing out the H-section. Its the stock cats that will kill the power. you could go to a catted h-pipe, they come with high flow cats. and are quieter. But if you are gonna use the stock cats you might as well put the stock mid pipe back on.
+1

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha thanks 96GTRagTop.

Yeah I know it's those damn stock cats, I felt a SOP lost when I swapped back to stock. If I don't lose HP doing this, would it make a difference in sound?

BTW I totally agree the o/r h-pipe sounded badass, but again that 2000rpm drone with a 40 minute commute and going to work with exhaust cologne...:no

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
So you are gonna put the Mac H section on your stock mid pipe? Or am I missing this whole thing, What are you actualy planning to do. If it involves the stock cats going back on then yes you will lose power, and it will be quieter.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yes. The stock cats are back on. I recall there being flanges so I was thinking about putting the Mac "h" piece on with the stock cats. I don't expect gains but rather a more aggressive sound between my stock cats with flows and catless with flows. Like turning the exhaust volume up a little..tuning the exhaust sound.

I have the parts so I might as well try if I can. But if it doesn't do **** then I'll just sell it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll take measurements and if the mac has a bigger diameter I'll try it out and see.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You could always drop or add a gear, or speed or drive like a grandma:dunno

1 - 18 of 18 Posts