Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I put mine on, it sounds like it's got an exhaust leak (the kind of ticking/spitting noise) coming from what sounds like the bend coming down from the passenger side manifold. Does anyone else have this issue with Mac?

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
Did you but a new gasket on the passenger side? And did you put that sleeve on the drivers side flange?

Not sent from a stupid Apple device

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back when I bought it, I didn't have access to the tools to do it, so I took it somewhere...I honestly don't know. I don't recall seeing any gaskets come with the kit

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
All you need is a 24 inch extension and a swivel. Before I got longtubes I made my own gaskets out of header gasket material and use the copper gasket spray and coat it and it seals up perfect. And make sure that sleeve is on the drivers side because you have the sleeves on the manifold flange studs

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
You need a gasket to prevent the leak.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need a gasket to prevent the leak.
When I took it in, the guy said he'd get anything else if it needed it, but I never thought to ask when I picked it up...I just didn't know if it was a fitment issue with Mac or what, another guy mentioned that in another thread so I didn't know if it was a common problem :dunno

·
Registered
800 Posts
I hate my offroad x

I put new gaskets and slathered on copper gasket sealer on every connection, and mine still sounds like it's leaking

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
I hate my offroad x

I put new gaskets and slathered on copper gasket sealer on every connection, and mine still sounds like it's leaking
Long tubes FTW!!!!! Fixed my problem

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
When did you get it installed? Maybe go ask him but I doubt he'll remember.

If I were you, i'd just take a peek under the car. You can see the gasket sticking out, usually.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Long tubes FTW!!!!! Fixed my problem

Already bought some, just waiting on the UPS guy

Probably gonna do my clutch at the same time so I don't have to worry about it later

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
Would you like to lend me the money for them? :D

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
I picked my Mac's up with matching catted H with o2s for 150 bucks on Craigslist. Deals like that are out there you just gotta be patient and find them

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
my piece of **** mac o/r h leaked constantly from both headers, exhaust was nothing but nightmare after nightmare on my last mustang, hence why I only have a catback on this one :lol

so far/ for now.. :facepalm:

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I picked my Mac's up with matching catted H with o2s for 150 bucks on Craigslist. Deals like that are out there you just gotta be patient and find them

You have a lot better luck than me apparently lol

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Mine does the same thing but I didn't replace the gasket and now I bought the gasket, snow is on the ground and the pony is away haha

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my piece of **** mac o/r h leaked constantly from both headers, exhaust was nothing but nightmare after nightmare on my last mustang, hence why I only have a catback on this one :lol

so far/ for now.. :facepalm:
lol I'm glad I'm not the only one...I hate the noise!!!

Mine does the same thing but I didn't replace the gasket and now I bought the gasket, snow is on the ground and the pony is away haha
Hopefully that fixes it, I've considered throwing the stock h back on until I get something different

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Mine does the same thing... I've had it off a few times and I'm positive it is not leaking. I check it every time it's on the hoist at work. I think it's just a design flaw or something... Idk.... I kinda just got over it :lol

Yours might not be the same noise though

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine does the same thing... I've had it off a few times and I'm positive it is not leaking. I check it every time it's on the hoist at work. I think it's just a design flaw or something... Idk.... I kinda just got over it :lol

Yours might not be the same noise though
It's a different kind of noise, but I never noticed it until it was put on lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts