Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a loud deep toned midpipe and ive narrowed it down to this, whats the difference between the o/r prochamber and the o/r h?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was thinking about a flowmaster catback, but i heard that the regular o/r h pipe is louder than the prochamber, but i dont know if the tone is different and i know the prochambers have a nice deep tone

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
What you have on your list should sound good. I have the Mac o/r h and it's nice. I have it with my Magnaflow cat-back which is notoriously quiet. It sounds good, but I'm thinking about switching to 40 series flows eventually for a little more of a growl.

Here are a couple vids. Not your year, but they essentially sound the same as your year.

prochamber:

H:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for these videos, the or h souds a little raspy, but its louder which is better (imo)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the regular magnaflows are very picky about how loud they are with mid pipes. the tru-x, vrs, slp, and couple others make the regular magnaflows sound very very well. there are a few (BBK is one) that make the magnaflow's very quiet. i personally would never recommend flowmaster for anything, but thats me.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i wanted prochambers, but now that ive heard both ill stick with the h pipe, i have weld in flowmasters 40

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so ive been looking at the prochamber but i realized that they come with cats, but you can buy off-road legs for it...on mac's website, the picture of the prochamber (Pt# PC9600) already has one bolt on leg and one weld-on leg...if i get the off road legs, will i have to cut off the weld on leg and weld the new one on?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
thanks for these videos, the or h souds a little raspy, but its louder which is better (imo)
I know what you mean. It's not raspy on mine though. Here's the example I was looking at originally, but it's on a Cobra like mine though.

this is a friends mustang with VRS mid pipe, and regular magnaflow weld ins; thats it
I'm glad you pointed this out to me. I may have to go with this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, thats the sound im looking for, but i dont have long tube headers, i want them, but it would make it harder for me because ny's inspection stations are strict about the cat. converters...so im planning on swapping the new midpipe with the stock one when it comes time for inspection and the stock midpipe doesnt fit long tube headers

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Lets be honest, the truth is, you want the best exhaust you can get. If you just wanted Loud you would get a uncatted Pypes X pipe with a set of Dumped Weld in LM1's. But that is not what you want.

You want the pro-Chamber, It is quite litteraly the best of both worlds. The volume and power power of the X, with the tone and Torque of the H pipe. Its hard to get much better than the pro-chamber over all, without going to a custom race piece.

I have seen flow chart numbers and power numbers, and I have yet to see anything beat the pro-Chamber on power and value.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
It is quite litteraly the best of both worlds. The volume and power power of the X, with the tone and Torque of the H pipe. Its hard to get much better than the pro-chamber over all, without going to a custom race piece.

I have seen flow chart numbers and power numbers, and I have yet to see anything beat the pro-Chamber on power and value.
Please post these reports. I've been around a long time and have never seen a Prochamber out-perform any other configuration. Although I have heard this several times I have yet to see any hard evidence.:D

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Here is mine a few months back MAC Pro Chamber with Gutted Flowmasters (Came with the car).

Sould have a clip of it with the race bullets one of these days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks that sounds nice....when it says 5.4, is that the displacement? if so why is it not 4.6?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Because i can't leave **** alone, lol

In the Video its a all motor 5.4 Hence my user name 330CubeGt.
330CI Being the Displacement.
Motor is a 04 motor out of a Expedition.

Now its got a Lightning Supercharger,But yet to have any video of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts