1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are these rated to horsepower wise? The car makes upwards of 600
and want to make sure I will not be choking the car with these... If need
be i can fab up my own with a different muffler, but I like the ease these
will be... the rest of the exhaust is 3 inch already.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if its only a tenth I'm not too worried... nit if its like 3-4 I may just do a race bullet, bit I'm not sure that will quiet it down enough to street drive

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Matt, why dont you just put something on like the macs and just put cut outs in right after the header and just uncap them for the track??

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt, why dont you just put something on like the macs and just put cut outs in right after the header and just uncap them for the track??
I want to beable to hear my engine if there is a problem... I want it out the back so I can hopefully hear an issue before something major happens.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I want to beable to hear my engine if there is a problem... I want it out the back so I can hopefully hear an issue before something major happens.
So you even want them for the track? even with open headers you will still be able to hear if theres something a miss with the engine trust me ;) Infact pretty soon I will have videos of the maverick with the first start up of the year

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
I would think it will hold you back 2tenths or more.

If you just have them on a bolt on flange, you should be able to take them off in under 10min when you want to run it at the track without mufflers.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I ordered them... I think ill be happy with them... and like you said they will be easy to take off if needed.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Well I ordered them... I think ill be happy with them... and like you said they will be easy to take off if needed.
Hey man whats your setup? heads? sprayin right?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Hey man whats your setup? heads? sprayin right?
Ill let him go into details if he wants, as I dont want to give everything away.

but its a 351w, i think .60 over, mild IRON heads, custom nitrous cam, 4600rpm stall to a built c4 with trans brake (he has not used the trans brake) on a plate system with a 150shot. stock suspension mostly, on small slicks. very light weight, around 2900lb with driver

12.30's on motor leaving the line at idle, with lots more tuning needed, on spray his 10.7 pass he left off idle. (These times are at 5880ft above sea level. would be in the 11's on motor and 10.0 to a 9.9 on spray at sea level)

The car has a TON left in it, on motor and spray

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ill let him go into details if he wants, as I dont want to give anything away.

but its a 351w, i think .60 over, mild IRON heads, custom nitrous cam, 4600rpm stall to a built c4 with trans brake (he has not used the trans brake) on a plate system with a 150shot. stock suspension mostly, on small slicks. very light weight, around 3900lb with driver

12.30's on motor leaving the line at idle, with lots more tuning needed, on spray his 10.7 pass he left off idle. (These times are at 5880ft above sea level. would be in the 11's on motor and 10.0 to a 9.9 on spray at sea level)

The car has a TON left in it, on motor and spray
ok sounds mean

and im guessing you meant 2900 with driver?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
ok sounds mean

and im guessing you meant 2900 with driver?
haha yea, sorry. hes stripped everything.

he is 18 years old, and built this thing in like 3 months. i wish I had half the motivation he does. :yes

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
yes Matt is a good guy. hell i started building my car when I was 14. all that needs to be done is plumbing and electrical, then interior and paint. But i lost motivation :( and now that I have my stang i really lost it. Sure would be nice to get the 5.0 Tempo on the road tho :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
lol

I love the camera man's reaction at the end

but yah at 18 he is doing tha dang thang
haha, that was me.

we where expecting mid/low 11's, so i was pretty pumped/surprised.:p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts