Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Mac Prochamber installed. It arrived yesterday (Thanks Spencer and Stage 3!!)

It feeds my Roush Off-Road exhaust (Borla Stingers tweaked to Roush specs)

It wasn't too bad. Honestly, the worst part of the whole deal was trying to unplug the O2 sensor on the passenger side.

Oh yeah, it is not plug n play - you have to cut your stock cats to H pipe assembly and insert the Prochamber into it. Pics will explain.

Anyway, I like it. It has mellowed out the 55-60 5th gear drone a lot. It sounds deeper too. I REALLY like that 60's muscle-car sound I've got now. I wish it was louder, but this is a good compromise between stock and really loud. I didn't have time to shoot any videos today; perhaps I can do some tomorrow or later this week. I'll get startup, idle, and some drive bys and interior stuff when I do shoot.

Th prochamber is cool...it's not an H, yet its not an X. It just has a box...that is supposed to make power by timing the exhaust pulses. It is not "just a box" either...when you look into it there are flanges that are staggered. There is some gee-whiz in the design..anyway, I did this mod for sound not power, and overall I am satisfied. The craftsmanship on the piece is VERY nice...quality materials, EXCELLENT welds, etc. I would buy Mac longtubes without reservation after seeing this thing.

Pics:

Just removed stock cats and H assembly - next to prochamber on left.

My son and I are stacking them up and marking the cut area with a sharpie on the stock setup. I called Mac and they said this is the best way to keep from screwing it all up. You try to cut with the cats on the car and they said it doesn't always work out so hot.

Here is the Prochamber with the cats I cut off inserted and mocked up. I used my Rotozip and sacrificed One (1) metal cut-off wheel to the Gods of speed, sound, and horsepower. My son liked the cool sparks.

My number one helper, with our finished work before installation.

I know, overkill on the safety...(hydraulic jacks, jackstands under frame rails you can't see, and my car ramps in case that all fails, plus my home-made giant 10" wide wooden ramps). But better too safe than not enough. It would be a bummer to get killed by stupidity on your birthday with your son watching.

Hard to see, but here it is in its new home:

·
Registered
818 Posts
burnout vids asap please!

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
125 Posts
i hate it when people let emmisions set the standard for modding their cars
word....there is testing here, that never even crossed my mind when I got my pc. Fvck the gov. they already tax everything and tell me what I can and cant do, they arnt going to tell me what I cant do to my car. rant over. anyhow emissions testing is a joke. Im going to laugh when I roll in with no cats and still pass.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
word....there is testing here, that never even crossed my mind when I got my pc. Fvck the gov. they already tax everything and tell me what I can and cant do, they arnt going to tell me what I cant do to my car. rant over. anyhow emissions testing is a joke. Im going to laugh when I roll in with no cats and still pass.
Well right now "The Man" is winning. No pass = no registration. Word.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
sick. i plan on getting that same piece myself. it was easy to install you say? did you have to cut it or what? i can't see the pics so, sorry if these questions sound dumb

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you give them some cash you can pass the visual...a tuner can tune out the CEL with an emissions tune
I'm legal on the visual, and I have no CEL's. I am fully tuned, but I am showing "Not ready". :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sick. i plan on getting that same piece myself. it was easy to install you say? did you have to cut it or what? i can't see the pics so, sorry if these questions sound dumb
Yes, had to cut.

Yes, fairly easy. Find a PC that lets you see the pics...it will all make sense.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks great, you have convinced me to go with the same set up. I have a couple of questions though. Did you need to weld it together or use clamps? Also, what do you mean by you have a "not ready" will this affect your emission inspection?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well right now "The Man" is winning. No pass = no registration. Word.
But you can pass......I have an o/r pc with an intake/tune. as you know the rear o2s are turned off. If I went in I would fail because its "not ready". All you do is put the stock intake back on and stock tune. The CEL doesnt come on for ~120 miles. Drive it 100 miles than take it back. Or if your really concerned its not that hard to put the stock H back on :rolleyes: Im not trying to argue but people act like emissions testing is some big, scary thing...its not. EDIT- just saw your blower mod...I just assumed you were minor bolt ons.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
So how did it change the sound? I'm looking to get a little more agresive sound from my exhaust.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Yes, had to cut.

Yes, fairly easy. Find a PC that lets you see the pics...it will all make sense.
Cool thanks. glad to hear its not too loud either. i drive a ways to work everyday and i didn't want something that was going to annoy me. most of the time i don't mind but some days i just need some quiet

1 - 20 of 27 Posts