Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much difference would I notice in sound and performance if I switched from prochamber to catted x? My car is supercharged with mac l/t and magnapacks.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Performance will go down because of the cats on the X and the prochamber is one of the best flowing pieces. It will probably be about the same loudness but will sound completly different. I would stay with the Prochamber.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i'm looking at getting the prochamber, but would also like some cats (maybe pypes highflow?). right now i'm stock, but want to bolt on mac l/t this summer. if i do that, what would happen if i just bolted the prochamber to my stock cats?

·
Registered
139 Posts
gotcha, so no cats means check engine light and crackling at high end (not a big fan) as well as being a little too loud/obnoxious for me. can i just chop/weld the highflows on the header end of the prochamber? or should i look into something else?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Performance will go down because of the cats on the X and the prochamber is one of the best flowing pieces. It will probably be about the same loudness but will sound completly different. I would stay with the Prochamber.
Yeah I don't want to change it but I might if it wouldn't really hurt performance and it still sounds good. The only reason is because then my car would be legal for emissions and I wouldn't have to worry about finding an inspection place that will pass me every 6 months.

·
Registered
551 Posts
obv if you have cats it will restrict more but if you needs cats just get high flow ones. it wont kill your performance, nothing you will notice anyway

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
gotcha, so no cats means check engine light and crackling at high end (not a big fan) as well as being a little too loud/obnoxious for me. can i just chop/weld the highflows on the header end of the prochamber? or should i look into something else?
Not neccessarily, Pro Chambers typically have the best sound. Your muffler choice will determine the most on sound quality. MIL sensors will take care of Check Engine Lights.

I have an O/R H Pipe and Flowmasters right now, and the check engine light has not come on because I have the MIl sensors. Research into this a little more and you might find the right set up.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
obv if you have cats it will restrict more but if you needs cats just get high flow ones. it wont kill your performance, nothing you will notice anyway
Say I'm make 400 rwhp right now. How much do you think I'd lose with the catted x?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Not neccessarily, Pro Chambers typically have the best sound. Your muffler choice will determine the most on sound quality. MIL sensors will take care of Check Engine Lights.

I have an O/R H Pipe and Flowmasters right now, and the check engine light has not come on because I have the MIl sensors. Research into this a little more and you might find the right set up.

+1 ther is not high pitch crackle with the prochamber. They sound awesome and they are quiter than either of the O/R mid pipes, the x or the h

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Can a prochamber for l/ts be adapted to shorty headers? If so, man Ill buy yours:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
oh sweet...i'll look into the sensors! my dream set up: MAC ceramic l/t headers, MAC prochamber H, SLP powerflo catback (right now have stock catback with flowmaster 40s mufflers). considering i get a tune after, what gains should that give me (besides bitchin sound)!?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts