Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My manager wants to trade me his Mac prochamber for my Mac h-pipe. Both are off road and for long tubes. I was wondering if there is any advantage to the prochamber over a regular h-pipe or if they both perform and sound similar.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
it'll be more quiet, and be a mix of an x and h. many people go from something to pc, but not alot of people go from pc to something else. (so Ive heard) the h pipe is alot deeper. the prochamber sounds like an h in the lower rpm but sounds between an x and h at WOT.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
The ProChamber will give you a low, distinguished growl. It's a hard sound to reproduce. I have one on my Cobra and I wouldn't want any other mid pipe.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok sounds like I'm making a good decision then by swapping my H-pipe for his prochamber, and the reason he wants to get rid of his prochamber is because it is blocking his driveshaft loop he wants to install on his car.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
The person who said the Prochamber is a cross between an x and h is correct. Because of the design of the Prochamber, it gives you the best of both worlds performance wise. The x pipe by design lets the engine breath better on exhaust than the h-pipe. The h-pipe sounds better. The Prochamber gives a better hp increase than the x or h pipes.

About your manager with the d/s safety loop issue. I have a driveshaft safety loop but have not yet installed it on my my '95 Cobra.........I'm sure I can find a way to make it work with my Prochamber. Mine is made by Lakewood.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
The person who said the Prochamber is a cross between an x and h is correct. Because of the design of the Prochamber, it gives you the best of both worlds performance wise. The x pipe by design lets the engine breath better on exhaust than the h-pipe. The h-pipe sounds better. The Prochamber gives a better hp increase than the x or h pipes.

About your manager with the d/s safety loop issue. I have a driveshaft safety loop but have not yet installed it on my my '95 Cobra.........I'm sure I can find a way to make it work with my Prochamber. Mine is made by Lakewood.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
i would trade :yes

the prochamber also seems to have a smoother sound to it. i have one on my gt along with LT's and love it.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
does 4v compared to 2v change the tone much?
Yeah, but 4V's sound different than the 2V's in general no matter which exhaust system is on it.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
yeah, my bad, thats what I ment to ask. I know any exhaust will change the tone, how different are 4v and 2v tone overall with exhaust...I dont wanna watch a bunch of 4v's and get what it and it sound like crap and totally different. quieter? not as deep? just wondering if you knew....

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
top vid kind shows what im talking about. listen to it as it idles down while out of gear.

mac prochamber and catback-VV

and my gt with full mac exhaust. LT's, prochamber, catback.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know what kind of driveshaft safety loop my manager is putting in and I'm not gonna give him any advice on how to make it work with the prochamber cause I want the prochamber now lol.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Here is an excellent comparison using the same cars, same camera, same time. The o/r prochamber is super smooth compared to the o/r X

granted they are 4v mach 1's... the setup's are below.

My buddy's 2004(left) and my 2003 ( right) Mach 1's. Left car has mac lt's, mac prochamber and bassani mufflers. Right car has bassani ss o/r x and bassani mufflers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts