Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy in my area is selling a mac prochamber which is currently on his 2002 GT. Will it fit my 96 GT? If not, is there any modifications I could do? Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
it'll fit. anying 96-04 mid pipe wise cross's over as long as it's 2v

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking. Yes it is a 2v. But I dont see.. on MAC's website they have two separate ones, one for 96-98 and one for 99-04.. why would they do that?

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i do not know. I posted similiar questions a few months ago while looking for mid pipes, and was told everything hangs the same on a GT through 96-04 when it comes to the mid-pipe.

Axel-Backs on the other hand, have dif hanger positions, thus requiring the dif parts.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i was looking at mid pipes for a GT for someone, and every site i go to sells different ones for the 96-98 and 99-04, MAC sells the legs seperatly, so if you buy the prochamber and get a really good deal on it you could be the legs for the 96-98 and throw the prochamber on anyway, the legs are about 100 bucks i beleive so youd have to figure it out i suppose, price wise

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
dude, it will work.

trust me

the part numbers are exactly the same

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
96-98 GT
99-04 GT/Cobra
they have different part numbers. and if you look closely at the pics, the 96-98 one has hangers. the 99-04 does not

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i just looked at the reciept to my buddies o/r mac prochamber.

its got the same PN as the 99-04 pipe u linked me too :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well he is giving away a good deal, so i think im going to try it and see. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O is there any way i could modify it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts