Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah Yeah I know another exhaust thread. Which is a better muffler,mac flowpath or flows? I have flows on my car now but I just ordered the mac hpipe and might try a different muffler. Ive been listening to every youtube vid I can find but they all sound the same on your computer

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
mac hands down. the macs actually flow pretty damn decent unlike the restricive flowmasters. the mac is a lot heavier case as well so you wont have to worry about the damn things rusting apart on you. the macs holds a lot better tone as well in the higher rpm range.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mac hands down. the macs actually flow pretty damn decent unlike the restricive flowmasters. the mac is a lot heavier case as well so you wont have to worry about the damn things rusting apart on you. the macs holds a lot better tone as well in the higher rpm range.
Which size is as close to stock? Im on the mac site now but theres 3 different muffler sizes

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
funny this thread came up. friday i took my pos flowmaster off and threw on a set of mac mufflers. sucks for me tho cause the piping that was already welded to the macs was too long so my tailpipes wont work with them yet, so it's just open muffler and it's way louder, but if i were to put the tails on it would quiet it down quite a bit i think which is what i want. but the tone of the mufflers are night and day difference and wayyyyyy sexier sound imo.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
MAC all the way bro. i bought my car with flowmasters on it and it sounded alright, but then i put MAC lts, prochamber and dumps car sounds badass

·
Registered
900 Posts
I agree macs had a great tone, but just wasnt loud enough even with turn downs. Sounded way better than my friends with flows.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
I agree macs had a great tone, but just wasnt loud enough even with turn downs. Sounded way better than my friends with flows.
ya its a deep rumble at low rpms but when you get into it it sounds like a bat outta hell

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Mac's all the way. I can't go anywhere without getting a compliment on my exhaust.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
mid pipes are also big factors on what a cat back will sound like. prochambers will mellow out any exhaust as well.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
prochamber is one of the best if not the best mid pipe out there,like sweet said,mid pipe effects the sound also,x pipe is louder but raspy,h pipe just gives you a nice rumble and growl...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts