Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13Five.0
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been planning on putting aftermarket cams in my Mach this winter. A friend of mine said installing cams on the Mach 1 require special tools that are expensive. Is this true?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
I've been planning on putting aftermarket cams in my Mach this winter. A friend of mine said installing cams on the Mach 1 require special tools that are expensive. Is this true?
Not sure if they're "required" but they do make the job a lot easier. I got the OTC cam tool kit and the spring compressor.

As everyone else asked, where in IN? Seems to be a lot of us willing to lend a hand.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Not sure if they're "required" but they do make the job a lot easier. I got the OTC cam tool kit and the spring compressor.

As everyone else asked, where in IN? Seems to be a lot of us willing to lend a hand.
If the cams the OP wants are under a .425" lift then he doesn't need to take the springs out as the stockers will work just fine.

But I agree with you for the most part. My cams needed new springs so that tool helped greatly.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
If the cams the OP wants are under a .425" lift then he doesn't need to take the springs out as the stockers will work just fine.

But I agree with you for the most part. My cams needed new springs so that tool helped greatly.
Let me ask you this. When is it "required" to replace the springs? Anything over a .425? I have really reached my limits with bolt ons and now have no choice but to spend a chuck of change in the motor. I was gonna swap the springs regardless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts