Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Know were I can find one for my 02 GT, and for a good price?

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
American Muscle, with the 6% discount code we get for Modded Mustangs. That's where I bought mine.

Main thing that most guys that have this will tell you, don't use the plastic screws provided. Go buy yourself some stainless steel nuts and bolts because if you scrape something hard it will put the plastic screws right out.

·
3,156 Posts
Check EBay too... sometimes they're on there new or slightly used for $50.

·
Registered
147 Posts
american muscle says they're shipped rolled up. does that cause any negative affects when installing and after install?

·
Registered
975 Posts
american muscle says they're shipped rolled up. does that cause any negative affects when installing and after install?
no leave them in the sun for a couple days they will be like new again

·
3,156 Posts
no leave them in the sun for a couple days they will be like new again
I bought mine from American Muscle. In their instructions it says to leave it rolled out on the floor overnight and it will unwarp. I let it sit on my garage floor for a day or two and it was fine. No problems installing, but I will say you definitely want another person to help. Line it up where you want it then tape it in place with some masking tape. I used a lot with the help of a friend.

·
Registered
506 Posts
+1 left it out overnight and had my brother hold it in place while i put tape all around it then i used nuts and bolts to keep it on because the skrew pins that come with it suck

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i kept the plastic with mine and i have even scraped it a few times pulling out of crappy driveways, but it has held up for a year now, but i would also say use different bolts, those push pins did seem a little flemsy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts