Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll

So I'm looking at gettin some more parts

-Steeda Three Point Strut Tower Brace (03-04 Mach 1)
-Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors (94-04) - Powdercoated Black
- Swarr Bar Mustang 8.8in Rear Support (86-04)

Is there any cutting, drilling, and or welding for these parts off AM? I know welding in the Subframes helps alot, but other then that is it a direct bolt on?

And my car only has 22k miles, will I need all the following to do my rear end or is it smart to do it anyway?

-Ford Racing Gears - FRPP Mustang 4.10 Gears (8.8in)
-Motive Bearing Kit (8.8in)
-Ford Racing 8.8" Traction-LOK Rebuild Kit w/ Carbon Discs

I hear that NGK Iridium IX Performance Spark Plugs are the best you can get, is this true? I'm looking at a few other things, but those I can handle. If anyone has bought any of these from AM please let me know what you think of them.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yes, I was gonna ask that and thank you, it cant be modded at all to work?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
even though your car has 22k, i would still do the full bearing kit like you have. your already in ther so it would be cheap insurance

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
All excellent parts choices in my opinion. The only thing that will require welding is your subframes. Like said by F8L, I would recommend doing the bearing kit as well. While you have everything out, you might as well.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So they do have to be welded? dang, cuz I dont wanna have to pull up my carpet

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
You can buy bolt in ones, but they do not stiffen it up anywhere near a weld in.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
You don't necessarily need to pull your carpet...

Reactions: Molitor

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Nope. Those are the same ones I have. Part of it bolts in, but you weld in the rest. And like lefty said, you do not have to pull your carpet if you have a person who is a good welder and not just throwin tons of heat at it. We did not pull mine.

Reactions: Molitor

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
^Yep. Just make sure you're good at welding and/or have a welder who know's what they're doing.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you like yours? I can weld pretty good, Ive welded a Frame for a High MPG car for a class once and a bunch of other small projects. and reps for the help

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I love mine. I really noticed how stiff the car was when I tried to pull in to my driveway at my house in Tampa and the rear tire lifted from the ground! :eek: It is a sloped driveway and I have to go in at an angle to avoid scrubbage or the front lip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts