Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some may remember my cobra or saleen wing post about a month or more ago. Wellcant afford that anymore with my procharger and stall converter spending spree lately haha so I found a Mach1 rear wing

1999-04 Mach 1 Rear Wing

I really like the look of it! 200 is a tall order since thats how much my SFC's are which will come first of course. But I am smoking my 3rd tail light(slightly) b.c its getting that scratches look on it. I think this would look sweet IMO.

I am going to a body shop see ifI can bride them topainting my stock one for cheaper than buying that but I doubt it! So yeah I figure with the performance upgrades looks shouldn't be avoided either.......

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Get a stock gt wing and paint it matte black lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have that but i think that will cost more lol

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
depending where you go it is probably going to be arround the same..and you can sell your old one if u buy the new one.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is true ^ good call...sell my stock one and put in the fund of MAch1 wing.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
just get a scuff pad and scuff it up and get some black satin automotive paint dude i think im going to do that because i have two gt spoilers right now but the one thats off has some oxidation but i remember asking some of the guys here and they told me just to scuff it up and get some rattle can satin black paint and spray it im thinking about it i can do it soon ill even post pics maybe you'll like it and ill sell it to you...its just an idea

·
:)
11,583 Posts
how do you make it so the spray paint job won't peel after a while? do you need to primer it or spray clear coat?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
primer it i remember someone told me to i think it was baker who told me

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
not sure but i guess ill call tomorrow and find out

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Yes, primer comes in a rattle can. If you want to paint your psoiler matte/satin black it is very simple to do. Get SEM Trim Paint and follow instructions on the can. I have used SEM Trim Paint in the past to do small projects like that and it works wonderful.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
It would be very easy to paint your stocker like the mach 1 wing. No primer is needed, paint will stick to scuffed up clear. Get you some scotch brite pads, scuff up the wing real good and spray. Pretty simple and only cost around 20 bucks, or you could even take it to a vinyl shop and have them wrap it in matte, then its removable if you don't like it.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
^Exactly. The SEM trim paint I mentioned is also formulated to work without primer, although almost anything will stick fine if scuffed and cleaned well.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah but after awhile it will fade....and I mean what do you think I could get out of a stock spoiler?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was hoping for something like that.....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i just don't want to have to care for it. I want to put it on there and be fine.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
By car he means washing. You would care for it like the paint already on your car. Nothing extra. Try the SEM trim paint, you will be happy.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i use low gloss acrylic lacquer to paint mine. its the same paint they used on the 60s muscle cars to get the low gloss black. I also painted mylilboostedponys scoop and spoiler for him.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts