Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I am picking up my first 4V on Saturday, a 03 Mach 1. It already has a bassani exhaust with x - pipe with hi flow cats and a short throw, but that's basically it. I don't want to do any extreme mods, what would you guys suggest. I was a 2V guy before so I know how to make power on those motors are the 4V a lot different?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I would suggest STEEDA UDP's not any other brand. C&L intake tube, stewart hipo water pump, rear control arms uppers and lowers (I have HPM Megabytes and I love them), Springs, C/C plates, Have Doc port your intake and throttle body, A custom tune, and a gear. I have a 4.10 and I love it. if you plan on no serious mods than I highly reccomend it.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
I would defineately read up on the UDP. Plenty of people have them but some will flame you for even thinking about them. I personally dont want to be one of the ones who have an unlucky experience with them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, how about for cold air. I had JLT on my GT and it was a pain in the ass to put on. I see the JLT makes to kinds of kits for the mach, the ram air and the one that goes in the fender. I was leaning toward the ram air one since the kit that goes in the fender seems to make the scope non functional.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went with JLT CAI, I was thinking about doing the RAI but many people have problems with the part that connects the shaker to the air intake(the heat shield) I also had problems though, I could not get the shield that goes on the entrance to the fender to fit properly no matter what I tried it just would not fit. I will get some pictures of it if you like, I do like the way it looks and love that it comes in the color of your car. Most people say it gives you the best hp gain, might be true might not be but I like it. I think it looks great. I hear a lot of people here love their C&L though, I have a friend that has one and he loves it, he had problems with the part that goes to yout TB. I guess they all have their little problems.

·
Banned
848 Posts
I would defineately read up on the UDP. Plenty of people have them but some will flame you for even thinking about them. I personally dont want to be one of the ones who have an unlucky experience with them.

Don't scare him away from a descent mod weems. That hypothesis has no conclusion nor did it have any REAL evidence that they can cause failure at LOW RPM but if you raise the rev limiter and bounce over 7k than your asking for trouble whether you have a balancer or not! Harmonic frequencies will come into effect with or w/o a dampner. I've had them on for several thousand miles and no problem...yet.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Thanks guys, how about for cold air. I had JLT on my GT and it was a pain in the ass to put on. I see the JLT makes to kinds of kits for the mach, the ram air and the one that goes in the fender. I was leaning toward the ram air one since the kit that goes in the fender seems to make the scope non functional.

The JLT RAI is a great add-on for the 4v's. Now im sure the C&L also has its advantages (fitting) but overall it takes time and patience to make the JLT fit properly. I hear soooo much bickering and whining about how the unit doesnt fit and how the heat shield comes loose etc etc. Guess what? You can get a new one if thats the problem you're faced with. So what if it "LOOKS" cheap the gains are well worth it in my opinion.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
I suggest a set of 4.10's and some drag radials.

·
Banned
848 Posts
If i could start all over again i would have gone with suspension mods. Whats good does adding all of these do if you cant plant that power to the ground correctly?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I did my suspension mods before my engine mods, and guess what... I did it again, this time changing springs and control arms.

·
Banned
848 Posts
I did my suspension mods before my engine mods, and guess what... I did it again, this time changing springs and control arms.

So you can agree with that statement right? its only common sense, but when the mod bug bites our ignorance blinds us from what really is important.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Yes, I started with my suspension and drive train. That is how I initiate all of my builds. You could say that I don't like to break parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts