Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Head unit says CD ERROR.... What do I do? How do I remove it? I can't seem to find any bolts or slots to put a removal tool in it.. Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Head unit says CD ERROR.... What do I do? How do I remove it? I can't seem to find any bolts or slots to put a removal tool in it.. Thanks

the cd may just be stuck in the headunit. this happened to me a number of times when i went to eject. is the cd door open, and can you see the cd through it? if so you have to hit eject and (i took a pocket knife) push the cd down, this usually causes it to eject?

Are you trying to remove the headunit with the ford removal tool? if so there is two small holes on either side of the unit. insert the tools in till it clicks once (do not push it in as far as it will go) and pull the tool sideways and out. the head unit should come right out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I removed all of those parts. When I reconnected the battery it said initializing. Then the cd that messed it up to begin with ejected I am soooooo HAPPY NOW I HAVE MUSIC AGAIN... IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR TWO MONTHS.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only problem is I heard that if you want to upgrade the head unit that the wiring to the subs will not sound as good as the head unit from the mach 1000

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I just put in a new mach unit. it was a simple fix for me but you can upgrade to an after market one.. the wiring is a royal pita from what I have heard.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
see thats where I am stuck.... I really want a touch screen with navigation and dvd... but i heard the wiring is a bitch..... I wonder if anyone who has the mach 1000 system on this board has swapped their head unit for a aftermarket one and how did it go?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
My Bullitt had the Mach 460 system, and I have replaced the Factory CD with a Pioneer AVIC-D3. Sounds OK, but I did replace the door speakers with better ones. By the way, the Mach 1000 was based off of the 460, so the basics are the same. The wiring is not that bad at all, but then I have one slight advantage to most- 20 years as a pro installer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Bullitt had the Mach 460 system, and I have replaced the Factory CD with a Pioneer AVIC-D3. Sounds OK, but I did replace the door speakers with better ones. By the way, the Mach 1000 was based off of the 460, so the basics are the same. The wiring is not that bad at all, but then I have one slight advantage to most- 20 years as a pro installer.

How do you like you pioneer? Did you lose any bass or sound quality?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Lost some sound quality from mids and highs at first, that's why I replaced the door speakers. I had some JL Audio ZR Componants laying around, so in they went. I do love the pioneer, though. Good navigation, awesome XM display and iPod control and decent bluetooth capabilities.

As far as bass response goes, the Pioneer is actually better than factory (better parts) that tends to overwhelm the factory stuff and I have to turn the volume down. Part of the next upgrade will be to build a fiberglass enclosure for the trunk and replace everything.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I just put in a new mach unit. it was a simple fix for me but you can upgrade to an after market one.. the wiring is a royal pita from what I have heard.
false my friend.. i have a JVC unit in place of my Mach 1000 (R.I.P.) that I ordered from crutchfield and it included a special wiring adapter to convert the wires to RCA jacks so the subs will work.. I actually think this unit sounds better than the mach :tomato

Here's the adapter.. plus with stereos $130 and up you get it and a dash kit for free :D

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
putting an after market deck with out total rewiring in a mach system is completely possible just most people dont know it. there are a hand full of companies who create a specific harness for this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts