Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my factory 6 disc changer quit so i installed a pioneer headunit that has 3 preamps in my 01 that had a mach 460 in it and i plugged in the 2 rca cables for the amps. turned it on and it sounds great then like 10 secs later the rear speakers sound like they are overdriven like maxing the speaker out and wont cut off. i unplugged the rear cable and it stopped and the front sound fine. plugged the rear back in and still overdriven. i tried switching to a different preamp and same thing. so for now im just running the front amps and not the rear. any suggestions of whats going on? i used the crutchfield install kit for 01-03 fords. i had no problem with the sound of the factory radio even with bass.
_______

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
have you checked your settings on your deck?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for the reply. i forgot to check this thread for a bit. the deck has 3 5volt preamps outputs. front rear and sub. the sub preamp is adjustable but and if i remember right if i turned it all the way down it wouldnt make the overdriven sound. but as soon as i cut it up to normal it will go wrong again. the deck is a Pioneer DEH-P7900BT. maybe the 5volts is too much for the amps? :dunno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts