Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New to the site and looking for you audio experts out there, especially when dealing with this MACH 460 stuff. Now before anyone says to take it out, or MACH 460 sucks, please understand, that I'm not trying to go crazy on car speakers/amp/subs. Not my style. My friend has the MACH 460 and it sounds pretty damn good, IMO, for a factory setup. Long story short, the car started out as a 98 V6, it now has a 99 GT motor in it, along with all the wiring converted for 99+. The donor car also had MACH 460 stuff. I moved it over to mine and hooked everything up just as it was in the other. Problem is, I turn the car on, and the only sound thats coming out, is from the tweeters, but only if i turn the factory radio all the way up, and you can barely even hear that. No sound coming from the 5x7 in the doors, or the rear deck. I have read that the front amp/radio controls the 4 tweeters/midrange and that the front amp also sends a signal to the rear amps to turn on. I did check the rear amps by swapping with a buddy of mine that also has a 98 GT with MACH 460 and the rear amps are fine. Put them back in mine, still no dice. WTF??? I checked the two audio fuses and they're fine. I did notice a fuse that was blown that controls the cigarette lighter but, that wouldn't cause the speakers not to turn on, right? Any help on that matter would be a huge help.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bullitt1680
I did not. Could that be the issue? I'm using my factory unit when I bought the car back in 1998. Is there a difference between the radios? Doesn't appear to be, but, looks are always deceiving. I did buy an Alpine CDE-122 from Best Buy that should be here in a couple of days. Maybe that'll solve this issue. IDK...

·
Modern stang
224 Posts
Deffinately swap the head unit from your friends I had the same problem when I first got the car, took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they were like "you must have blown your amplifier and is not covered under warranty" so I brought it home and put a new head unit in because I was planning on doing it anyway and turned on and bam music. Before you fix that problem get a double din and think about converting your radio bezel and center console to 2001, really worth it and I can post pics if you want. I also painted the trim pieces duplicolor metallic black with no clear coat and it has little sparkles in it, my car litterally looks like its from 2008 on the interior

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
post pics post pics!! and yes OP i would suugest swapping the head unit with an aftermarket one with the metra adapter...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE:
HEY HEY!!! GOOD NEWS! I installed my aftermarket deck and all 8 speakers came on. I guess it was the factory deck that was the culprit. Again, I was using the factory radio that came with the car, not the one from the donor, that ACTUALLY had the MACH 460 setup, as I assumed it was the same radio HU. Thanks to all for the input/info. Now next question, what do I do about this dimmer wire? I now have an ALPINE CDE-122, and got all the wires hooked up from the stereo harness except, a pink/white labeled IN INT, and two wires from the aftermarket harness to factory harness, orange and orange black dimmer wire. Any thoughts/techniques?

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
Hey bro, im an Installer for best buy....... i dont even use the pick/white wire.... but as far as the Illumination wires....cap off the orange/black out of the factory harness... Take the orange and hook it up to the orange or orange/white out of the alpine harness.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Turn the stereo off and listen to the motor! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bro, im an Installer for best buy....... i dont even use the pick/white wire.... but as far as the Illumination wires....cap off the orange/black out of the factory harness... Take the orange and hook it up to the orange or orange/white out of the alpine harness.
Well please help me on mine I just took it to Best Buy and they installed a new amp and bypassed the others I ran the whole car in kicker ks speakers and they installed the kicker amp but the issue is I have no bass and they are telling me I need to buy subs that’s the only way I’ll get bass back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts