Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the bass speakers in my system went out when I was listing to it the other day. Now only the tweeters work. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Time to upgrade

·
Registered
927 Posts
check the power to the rear amps
-check the remote on wire
and
-the power wire

sadly since im new to this car im not sure what wire it is but if you know how to use a meter you waont havea problem locating it.

worst thing it can be is the AMp or the head unit took a dump on the signal wire .....good luck keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Check the fuse. It should be a 30 amp under the dash. If not, trash it and put in some new stuff. you won't be sorry

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the fuse number? It only says radio fuses in the manual and I checked all of those.

·
Registered
137 Posts
All of the bass speakers in my system went out when I was listing to it the other day. Now only the tweeters work. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Do the simple stuff first.
Check the fuses.

Stupid question, but you didn't set the EQ on the radio to News or whatever it's called. I can't remember.

One of the settings is for AM talk radio and it will kill all your bass, although if you put your ear against the speaker you will hear something.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do the simple stuff first.
Check the fuses.

Stupid question, but you didn't set the EQ on the radio to News or whatever it's called. I can't remember.

One of the settings is for AM talk radio and it will kill all your bass, although if you put your ear against the speaker you will hear something.
I didn't touch anything it just suddenly went out in the middle of a song while driving

·
Registered
137 Posts
I didn't touch anything it just suddenly went out in the middle of a song while driving
Ok.
Check anyway :)

Check the fuses.

Your owners manual should have the locations and what they control.
One big problem, with Verts, is that the wiring harness for the amps goes under the rear seat where water tends to collect until it hits the drains on the sides.
This shorts out the amps and blows the fuse.

·
Registered
761 Posts
What are some subs that will fit where the stock ones go??? i want some kickers, jl audios, kenwoods, or pioneers.... good stuff... please dont start a debate over which is better. I just wanna know what will fit

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
What are some subs that will fit where the stock ones go??? i want some kickers, jl audios, kenwoods, or pioneers.... good stuff... please dont start a debate over which is better. I just wanna know what will fit
Any 6X8's will fit in the doors and rear deck. the stock speaker are 6 ohm, so if you get 4 ohm speakers your going to have a problem with the amps cutting out from the speaker drawing too much current. Aftermarket amp will solve it. If you are looking for actual subwoofers a 10 will fit if you leave the stock amp rack in the back. Otherwise you can get a 14" box through the back seats with a little metal work. If you want a quality sub look into audioque, fi, and things like that. stay away from name brand. paying for name not quality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
your amps are prolly fried myne did the same thing sounds terrible with just the tweeters eather upgrade or check ebay for the amps and if you really just wanna keep yours take and get the amps fixed

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
nope i can bet that the only problem is the ground wire that attatches to the back of the fuse panel under the dash, they have a problem with coming loose and when they do they stop everything in the speakers from working except the tweaters, i found that out after going 2 years with my speakers going in and out and replacing amps and what not.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
white stang, i just wanted to let you know that ever since i joined this forum, your signature, with the kia spectra as your pant dropper...it has always made me laugh!

i know that was waaaay off topic

·
Registered
137 Posts
nope i can bet that the only problem is the ground wire that attatches to the back of the fuse panel under the dash, they have a problem with coming loose and when they do they stop everything in the speakers from working except the tweaters, i found that out after going 2 years with my speakers going in and out and replacing amps and what not.
Yep that's another one....

I seriously can't believe someone is going to trash the entire system, and yes BTW the ENTIRE system has to be replaced if you want to do it correctly, without doing any basic trouble shooting.

For the record, the Mach system is a decent system, especially the Mach 1000 system.
However, it is a non-standard clusterfsck due to impedance differences and just the way it is cabled and powered.

If you are convinced you need a new system, rip the entire system out and install a new one from scratch.
Don't even bother trying to integrate the stock system with after market parts because anything you do will be a compromise.

You can probably sell the working parts on eBay.

FWIW I run a recording studio for my day job and get to hear real nice sound all day long.

My Mach 1000 system in my 2003 Vert sounds pretty nice to me.
At least for Jazz and classic Rock.
It could use a little less distortion and a boost in the highs, but overall it's pretty decent for a stock system.

Far better than the Bose crap in my GM SUV
Far better than the Infinity crap in my Dodge.
Not as good as the system in my daughters 2007 Eclipse.

Not as good as the custom Pioneer/Infinity Kappa/JBL system in my Caprice SS.

To each his own.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I checked all of the fuses labeled radio and none of them were blown. Which other ones should I check? Where is this ground wire? I already have a head unit which I was going to install so I might as well install speakers and an amp too.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts