Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mach 460 head unit hasnt been able to load CDs for a few months now. Idk why, it just randomly stopped 1 day. I took my dads old CD player (mach 460) and still wouldnt work. So Idk.

Anyways I figured instead of getting another one, Id like to get a different Deck. And I know the Mach 460 has all the amp plugs and **** going into it. So basically what headunit can I run that will plug right in? Any ideas? Thanks for the help

Shaun

·
Registered
253 Posts
im running an alpine unit in mine, just make sure you get the right wiring harness that enables you to use the stock amps... give me a few minutes and ill try to find a link to the right one. i got the wiring harness at best buy, and it was pretty simple to wire up

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool thanks, I just wasnt sure if there was a wiring harness/adapter to connect the stock wiring to basically any head unit/deck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yes there is, i can't find the harness through searches but if you hit up best buy and talk to the guys in stereo install, let em know you have the stock amps and you want them to work with your aftermarket deck,(whichever one you choose doesn't matter), and they should be able to point you in the right direction. i think mine cost like $25 through them

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay cool thanks man, reps for you. Ill look for a Kenwood or Alpine in a couple weeks. Thanks again

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i have an alpine cda 9886 in my 2000 GT. the speakers sound like garbage, no bass whatsoever. and i did use a set of RCA's on my harness, which from what i've been told is the right one, but alas, sounds like crap :(

time to remove all the stock speakers/amps and throw in some new stuff!

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
The headunits for the mach 460 suck...my car, my dad's, and my mom's mustang all did the same ****...oh well, just another upgrade made to the cars

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
The headunits for the mach 460 suck...my car, my dad's, and my mom's mustang all did the same ****...oh well, just another upgrade made to the cars
I have the 3200dvd not 3200bt but it makes a bit of a difference on the interior vs the 460 head unit. makes it look a bit more modern. I deleted the factory amps though and the mach 460 box from the trunk removed the speakers from the box, mounted them to the rear deck and hardwired them.
Pioneer AVH-P3200BT In-Dash Double DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah i think best buy should sell those harness that will allow u to connect another stereo on there. i have a kenwood single din stereo. some people i believe fit the bigger one. i know sound stream is a real good brand for radio. down here in tx we have some audio stores that sell the connections cheaper then best buy

my stereo setup is an kenwood radio, with an 2 infinity subs, 4 internal infinity speakers, and a 5 channel infinity amplifier. SOUNDS AWESOME

1 - 10 of 10 Posts