Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys, Ive been reading anything and everything i can find on 03/04 machs and cobras. I was wondering what the differences are besides a supercharger, and interior design. If anyone can help me break this down i would appreciate it. Depending on what i find out i may settle for a mach instead of springing for a cobra just yet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The two biggest things is the machs don't have forged internals like the 03-04 cobras and machs have a straight axle while the cobras have IRS. I drive a mach and love it bro, but the 03-04 cobra has an amazing engine that can take a hell of a beating, where the mach isn't as durable and in unable to run big amounts of boost because it runs a higher compression ratio.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i suppose a cobra best fits my interest. what kind of tranny do the machs run?

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
T3650 5spd or the auto version.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
like saleenwolf said, all the 03-04 cobra engines were built with forged internals and a cast iron block. i think some of the machs have a cast iron block too. if im not mistaken, the manual tranny equip'ed machs have a forged crank. and the machs are better for drag launching/dig racing than the 03-04 cobras. the IRS under the cobras are better for road course events and handling curves and the irs is heavier than the mach solid rear axle which is part of the reason why the cobras are heavier than the machs. and the machs rear axle puts power down to the ground better than the cobra irs. and alot of the cobras are known as "dyno queens".

someone correct me if i was wrong about anything. ;)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
machs look better :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
like saleenwolf said, all the 03-04 cobra engines were built with forged internals and a cast iron block. i think some of the machs have a cast iron block too. if im not mistaken, the manual tranny equip'ed machs have a forged crank. and the machs are better for drag launching/dig racing than the 03-04 cobras. the IRS under the cobras are better for road course events and handling curves and the irs is heavier than the mach solid rear axle which is part of the reason why the cobras are heavier than the machs. and the machs rear axle puts power down to the ground better than the cobra irs. and alot of the cobras are known as "dyno queens".

someone correct me if i was wrong about anything. ;)
This dyno QUEEN has beat down several 10.50 cars on the street!! and I'm not talking from a roll either. If you know how to do it you can make the IRS work very well from a DIG...:eek:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
This dyno QUEEN has beat down several 10.50 cars on the street!! and I'm not talking from a roll either. If you know how to do it you can make the IRS work very well from a DIG...:eek:
chill out man lol. i was comparing the two cars in stock form. and i agree that the irs can be modded and beefed up to be good for launching from a dig.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
how much money do u spend on crack in a month?:tomato

:D

haha:eek: personal preference I guess, termis are faster but I dont think they look better. both are great lookin cars

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
eh everyone has their own opinion

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
i own a 04 torch red mach my self and i think termi's look like straight sex man i love them but id rather have my mach jus cause its a 40th and i jus like the shaker lol but if you really want a cobra get a 04 not a 03 cause the 03's have problems with the left side head sumtin with the valves bending or sumtin im not trying 2 start sumtin thats jus wut i heard from a buddie that works at a ford dealership and another 1 of my buddies said the same thing and he studied them and broke them down 2 a science 4 like 3 straight months b4 getting 1

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
yeah thats wut it wus i couldnt remember thanx man

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Will the only thing you need to change is that all Mach's have an alunimun block, that's one of the other reason that Mach's weigh less than cobies.

·
Registered
106 Posts
chill out man lol. i was comparing the two cars in stock form. and i agree that the irs can be modded and beefed up to be good for launching from a dig.
Thats cool...but I don't think anyone in there right mind thinks that a stock 03/04 Cobra is a dyno queen...Hummm let me think 390rwhp doesn't = dyno queen...;)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
now i never said cobras werent sexy.. but im fond of my red mach with the black accents, and shaker. which cobra doesnt have. but ' can have' if u wanted to

ide def. rather have the termi bc of the sc'er and forged internals

1 - 20 of 72 Posts