Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay a have a guy that wants to race me in his lid/TB/full exhaust/4.11 camaro SS. ( whisper air lid, ) its a 99 model.

now im sure hes going to get me but I just wondered what you guys thought about the situation. He said he had a buddy with a mach and they used to race all the time and he would beat the mach but not by much. and i am not sure if the mach was stock or not. I do know that I kept up with a ls2 gto the other night. i was about a car and a half behind him and slowly gaining ground. he was very surprised when we pulled over he was asking what the hell i had done to mine haha:D

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Should be pretty close, but I have to give the edge to the SS since he has a few more mods. Long tubes and gears make a big difference for his car and if you are still running the stock 3.55's than he has a good size advantage there. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if you won.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I think he will get you but not by much. It will be just enough to make you wanna do more mods.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I think he will get you but not by much. It will be just enough to make you wanna do more mods.
^ Hence why I bought the water pump.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Not meaning to thread jack...

A kid that I went to school with has a 96-97 LT1. With gears, full exhaust, CAI, and intake. I've never talked to this kid, but he has been calling me out saying that he wants to run me. How do I stand against him? He and his butt buddy, who I also went to school with has a 98 SS with a similar setup to rk's. Have been talking alot and since I'm I have been out of town I haven't gotten my car done. I know that I can't take the SS, but I hoping that I can beat the LT1. What are your guys opinions?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
actually.. race froma 70 roll, with your 3:55's and his 4.10's you might take him! off the line his 4.11's are going to rip your doors right off.

·
4,391 Posts
actually.. race froma 70 roll, with your 3:55's and his 4.10's you might take him! off the line his 4.11's are going to rip your doors right off.
70 Roll :eek:...

I have a feeling that once they hit 70+ MPH than the extra cubic inches that the Camaro has are going to take it's toll on the smaller 4.6 motor. Plus, an arranged 70 roll is just crazy!

·
4,391 Posts
Not meaning to thread jack...

A kid that I went to school with has a 96-97 LT1. With gears, full exhaust, CAI, and intake. I've never talked to this kid, but he has been calling me out saying that he wants to run me. How do I stand against him? He and his butt buddy, who I also went to school with has a 98 SS with a similar setup to rk's. Have been talking alot and since I'm I have been out of town I haven't gotten my car done. I know that I can't take the SS, but I hoping that I can beat the LT1. What are your guys opinions?
I don't think you would have a problem with the LT1 car. Maybe a stock Mach1 (maybe), but a Mach1 with any kind of decent mods would have no problem with that car.

I think some of you guys are guilty of what my LSX brethern are guilty of. A lot of you are underestimating the Mach1 and it's potential with any kind of mods. I'm not saying that he is going to win (I would probably put my cash on the SS), but he is not going to get demolished if he can drive. And if he's an good driver and the guy in the SS is less than stellar, than a win is imminent.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I don't think you would have a problem with the LT1 car. Maybe a stock Mach1 (maybe), but a Mach1 with any kind of decent mods would have no problem with that car.

I think some of you guys are guilty of what my LSX brethern are guilty of. A lot of you are underestimating the Mach1 and it's potential with any kind of mods. I'm not saying that he is going to win (I would probably put my cash on the SS), but he is not going to get demolished if he can drive. And if he's an good driver and the guy in the SS is less than stellar, than a win is imminent.
I'm not too worried about the LT1. I've seen the car and I heard that he got beat by a local kids Cobalt SS. I raced the same Cobalt SS with my highly modified Duramax and beat him. The SS is rumored to have around 650 rwhp, and I have seen it around town. It sounds mean, he must have a pretty radical cam, because it lobes hard. I know that he is spraying, but I don't know how much. All I can say is that I've heard about some of his kills, and he has beaten quite a few termies, and a pretty mean Pro Charged Fox Body that belongs to a buddy of mine that I know for a fact is a excellent driver, and is putting down 576 rwhp/ 550lbs of torque. I think that I'll stay clear of him for a while until I get a little bit more done to the Mach. I don't mind losing, but I hate getting destroyed.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I am very guilty of underestimating my car. I'd rather suprise myself by having more instore than I knew than overestimating my car and having to put my foot in my mouth.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
70 Roll :eek:...

I have a feeling that once they hit 70+ MPH than the extra cubic inches that the Camaro has are going to take it's toll on the smaller 4.6 motor. Plus, an arranged 70 roll is just crazy!
come on a 70 roll?? ive done 120+ rolls :cool:. When i took on a 911 it was from 120-150+

1 - 20 of 75 Posts