Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question and please answer only if you know. lol. Are the heads(full) on a 03/04 Mach 1 the same heads as the 03/04 Cobra?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well im thinking about doing a block swap with the new boss 5.0 modular motor that ford racing has out. Slap my existing heads on and than get all the cobra **** i need to put a twin screw on top. What do you think?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
it would be a nice build. i would definently send the heads to either NAZMAN on SVTP, or fox lake to have them ported while they're off, and throw in a good set of cams.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, thats a good idea. As far as the blocks rotating assembly. How much hp can cobra rotating assembly handle? Because in my particular situation i can get cobra roating assembly pretty cheap. I mean im assuming they can handle up to 900-1000 hp with the right block. Or am i way off?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
a 03-04 can handle 1000HP at the crank. the pistons will e a weak point, but they will do it for a little while.

the 03-04 cobra crank is good for about 1500HP
believe the block is about the same
rods 900-1000HP
pistons/rings 700-800HP but will do 1000 for a short time.

best thing to do is find a 03/04 cobra shortblock have it bored .020 over, and replace the pistons with something good like CP's.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
No man, they arent
even in the first line of the first post... reply only if you know...the heads and valvetrain, minus the cams, which as stated the mach has better cams, the heads are identical. know your stuff before you post in this technical of a thread

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
yeah and sorry but a cobra block cant rods and pistons wont handle 1000 hp its good to make about 700 to the wheels makeing it around 740 or so to the crank

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
700 whp is more like 820-830 hp at the crank...and i've seen it handle more than that... although i personally wouldn't run 1000hp on a stock shortblock...not even a termi shortblock..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts