Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mods are in sig... will i have a chance against a stock convert cobra? my mach1 beats my roush 427r. i know there is a weight difference .

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
The advantage you have over the Termie is gears and some weight (likely a lot of weight, probably 400 lbs). I'd say it'll come down to the drivers and the format of the race.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The advantage you have over the Termie is gears and some weight (likely a lot of weight, probably 400 lbs). I'd say it'll come down to the drivers and the format of the race.
+1.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I'd give a slight advantage to the Termi especially if it is from a roll. Rolls take his weight out of the equation pretty much and negates your advantage with the 4.10s.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
Against the stock Vert you should win handily. but end the race quickle if this is gonna be 140mph street race then he'll catch you.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
From a Dig yes. Termi's run hard but a stock termi only runs 12.5-12.9 a vert closer to 12.7-13.1

I just would give him a chance on top......That eaton will pump out the power all the way too the rev limiter @ 6650 and when he shifts down to 4000-4500 it will hit hard....
The t-56 shifts like this
1st 40mph
2nd 80mph
3rd 120mph

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hmm lets see, 03 mach 1 4.6 v8, 04 cobra 4.6 v8 WITH a supercharger
Cobra FTW!
So, you think just because the cobra has a blower it will be an automatic win?

It amazes me when people look soley at dyno dumbers to judge the outcome of a race:eek:

well we probably wont be doing a dig... so probably a second gear run, around 40mph.
Why no dig?

What kind of tires are you on?

If you are on a sticky tire and can drive, you WILL win from a dig. It will be a little tougher from a roll.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Should be close, but you will have some problems going from a roll. From about a 40-50mph roll Cobras are nasty and he should hook well if it's still stock. I know mine from a 50 mph roll is nasty even while breaking traction. I say go from a dig and if the Cobra needs the driver mod, you should probably take the win. Depending on your driving of course.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
right now im on nitto 555s and no i dont get traction at all... all first and allll 2nd i spin til 65ish. i have m/t radials sitting at home and hopefully this weekend or next weekend they will be on. Depends whenever i go home and see the fam. once i put the m/ts on ill deff do a dig.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Throw the M/T's on and go from a dig. I just moved to Florida and my M/T's are going on next week. Nice day driver only!

4.10s with any kind of decent power kill traction bad.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Stock for stock a heavy Cobra 'Vert isn't much quicker than a Mach1. With your mods I really think you have this. Make sure and go from a dig.

·
Registered
314 Posts
what he said ^.

but really i think they lose alot of weight transfer on launches if they are verts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts