Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I modified my shift boot and bezel so whenever the trans has to come out, I done always have to remove the bezel to get the shifter off.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Frankenstein man. Kind of cool. Saves you trouble and doesnt look bad. Nice

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have to trip the rear of the trim ring so that it matches up with the bezel a little better

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Good idea, my trans has been out so many times I thought about putting a zipper on it. :D

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Was it really that difficult to take the bezel off? I've taken mine off probably 5 times in the last month for various wiring stuff. And btw, :puke
you can only take them off so many times until the clips finally break off for one. 2 having to take the pistol grip off every time to take the bezel off so the original shift boot can slide off. I will be taking the chrome ring off and mounting the rubber from the underside of the bezel

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
you can only take them off so many times until the clips finally break off for one. 2 having to take the pistol grip off every time to take the bezel off so the original shift boot can slide off. 1.)I will be taking the chrome ring off and 2.) mounting the rubber from the underside of the bezel
1.) Thank god
and
2.) Sounds like that will be much better. Look decent and still suit your original purpose

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i was in the middle of working on it and noticed it was time to take my daughter to my parents for pizza night, so it had to get put on hold

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool deal. i dont see why you even bother with anything inside you car anyways :lol
the only reason why i did it was because I lost the lower shift boot and didnt want a big hole in the floor for things to go through, and also to keep things out of the shifter

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Good idea, I have the same handle and it sucks taking it off bc the wires for the button get wrapped around the shifter base under the boot while your unscrewing the handle. Btw I have alreay had 1 fire inside my car and don't want another, where did you get the fire extinguisher and how much?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its just a cheap one shot I got off ebay. I will be going with a clean agent extinguisher eventually

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Is it that hard to get the bezel off? Mine pops off in seconds. I guess if it works for your and you don't mind how it looks then it's all good.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts