Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent posted in a while I've been busy doing someting for a 4.2L build, So i made this.

still have to counter sink lower bolt holes due to shorter studs

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
angled HEADER adapter plate. wedge. to move bottom of header out to clear motor mount pass side on turbo app.

·
Registered
487 Posts
haha, I do.

Angled spacer for pass side header to clear the motor mount for turbo headers.
how will the header bolts do with the angled header spacer? i know you can angle the holes that run through the spacer but when when you tighten them down, the headers will be at an angle and the bolts will not sit flush against the header. its like you would need angled washers to go on the bolts/studs to counter the angled spacer. maybe the angle wont cause that much difference depending on how big of one you want.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
what's this do?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
how will the header bolts do with the angled header spacer? i know you can angle the holes that run through the spacer but when when you tighten them down, the headers will be at an angle and the bolts will not sit flush against the header. its like you would need angled washers to go on the bolts/studs to counter the angled spacer. maybe the angle wont cause that much difference depending on how big of one you want.
Thats true. Was just an idea we were throwing around when I was trying to make a more affordable turbo kit. The customer would flip his/her stock headers and bolt my cross-over and dp up. Instead of having me fab up turbo headers which can get pricey.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thats true. Was just an idea we were throwing around when I was trying to make a more affordable turbo kit. The customer would flip his/her stock headers and bolt my cross-over and dp up. Instead of having me fab up turbo headers which can get pricey.
i see. doesnt hurt to try it :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts