Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just says calibrated blow threw maf, any one have more info on mass air setups/diff trying to figure out what would be best with some 42lb injectors? Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Im buying their kit too, I will be using a vmp blow through setup, if your wanting to make good power is suggest upgrading the bov and wastegate too!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here where my lack of turbo knowledge kicks my ass lol, now I'll have to look into those too! I plan on making 420ish, Ill look up that mass air right now!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't for some reason find this?? Post a link!

Whats wrong with the bov and the waste gate? Example? They need to be bigger/smaller?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Stock MAF with Diablosport MAFia. The combination is good to over 800 rwhp.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, mafia is cheaper too
You buy them pre-calibrated for injectors or can you adjust it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Stock MAF with Diablosport MAFia. The combination is good to over 800 rwhp.
If 420 is all your wanting then I agree 100% and honestly their stuff will prolly be OK for you, I'm shooting for 600-700rwhp and mainly just want their piping, just buy their kit and roll with it, 42lb injectors and a mafia, bur also remember you need a tubular k member, a arms, coilovers

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If 420 is all your wanting then I agree 100% and honestly their stuff will prolly be OK for you, I'm shooting for 600-700rwhp and mainly just want their piping, just buy their kit and roll with it, 42lb injectors and a mafia, bur also remember you need a tubular k member, a arms, coilovers
Yea I got the a arms and coilovers just need to do the k member, but I'll do mafia and 42# injectors, tell me diff in waste gate and bov? Sorry for the questions

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Damn, mafia is cheaper too
You buy them pre-calibrated for injectors or can you adjust it
It can be used with any injector and is calibrated in the tune.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Niiieee looks like I'll be going that direction than

·
Registered
61 Posts
in a nutshell. BOV closed under throttle, opens via vacuum when the throttle body closes venting the air between your head unit(turbo or centrifugal SC) and the throttle body to prevent "surge." Preserves the your head unit,makes cool sound. Surge is when your head unit is still spinning and boosting with no where for the air charge to go because the TB is closed(you let off the gas pedal). Wastegate either inernal or external, vent excessive boost. that is its set via internal spring to open at a predtermined pressure or electronicaly by a boost controller. Both basicaly bypass exhaust gasses around the turbine instead of through to limit the speed of the turbine, again determined by you to preveent over boost( more boost than you want). Does that help at all?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Hpx maf in a 3" tube good to about 700whp, I have the VMP HPX slot style maf in a 3.5" tube good for about 800-900WHP. Slot style maf's read the best/clearest signal.

Never heard of the Mafia being able to go up that high......

If you have the maf tube bigger or smaller than the intake pipe coming off the IC make sure you have a good 10-12" of straight piping the same size as the maf tube before the maf. You don't want a step down or step up in intake size before/close to the maf, it will create turbulence in the intake air and create a bad reading.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
in a nutshell. BOV closed under throttle, opens via vacuum when the throttle body closes venting the air between your head unit(turbo or centrifugal SC) and the throttle body to prevent "surge." Preserves the your head unit,makes cool sound. Surge is when your head unit is still spinning and boosting with no where for the air charge to go because the TB is closed(you let off the gas pedal). Wastegate either inernal or external, vent excessive boost. that is its set via internal spring to open at a predtermined pressure or electronicaly by a boost controller. Both basicaly bypass exhaust gasses around the turbine instead of through to limit the speed of the turbine, again determined by you to preveent over boost( more boost than you want). Does that help at all?
YES! I kinda knew what they both did just not so much where they were playing there part at, Thanks for the info man.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hpx maf in a 3" tube good to about 700whp, I have the VMP HPX slot style maf in a 3.5" tube good for about 800-900WHP. Slot style maf's read the best/clearest signal.

Never heard of the Mafia being able to go up that high......

If you have the maf tube bigger or smaller than the intake pipe coming off the IC make sure you have a good 10-12" of straight piping the same size as the maf tube before the maf. You don't want a step down or step up in intake size before/close to the maf, it will create turbulence in the intake air and create a bad reading.
Well **** I guess it will all be better when I get the kit and kinda see whats going on, im honestly dreding the k member install more than the turbo install lol Thanks !!

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts