Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i finally sucked it up and brought it to a shop to have it checked out. they said the maf is junk and to replace it. i have a 80mm c&l cold air kit and a sct tuner everything else engine wise is pretty much stock so would i get a stock maf for around 80 bucks or something else

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've seen them pretty cheap on Ebay also. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not the price just curious if i get another stock one if that will also fail because of the intake??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swapped out for the new maf cleared cel and about 30 miles later same gd code 0171 and 0174! anybody?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
swapped out for the new maf cleared cel and about 30 miles later same gd code 0171 and 0174! anybody?
So basically your car is running lean and after replacing the MAF you are still having the problem?

I would look at your front o2 sensors. They tell the computer how to adjust the fuel for the motor based on how it burns.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya thats right, i dont know if it will continue to run lean or not after i put the new maf in it ran really nice had a different exhaust smell also? then i pulled into shell filled up and when i left the damn cel popped again same codes running lean b1 and b2 as well as p1000 system not ready im not sure if it will clear on its own after the system updates or what? also does anyone know if their is a different code just for the front 02s before i got the mil eliminators i had a differ code for rears no cats but mils corrected that. planning on playing with it tomorrow morn

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
Are they not calibrated for your injectors? cause that can cause the cel to pop up

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
19lb injectors and new stock maf should be fine, last nite she would run fine then start running like **** like it was starving for fuel, gonna replace the filter today and try to do a fuel pressure test sounds pretty basic, also my fuel pump has always had a loud hum to it just figured it was aftermarket but maybe its on its way out

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
new fuel filter new plugs new maf still popping lean codes. fuel pressure wont hold gets up to 40 sometimes and but drops down wen u cycle the key on off going back to shop tomorrow and see what they think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts