Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my injectors to 24# not to long ago cuz my mustang was missing and i thought i had a leaky injector. It turned out to be a fouled spark plug. (don't use seafoam) Any way i left the 24#s on the mustang and it is running really rich. Would it be because I need a recalibrated MAF?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is not throwing a code for problems with the MAF it just throws a code that it is rich in both banks.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
You have to get the computer to tune for 24lbs. Amazingly its still running. I cant believe you havent ruined your motor yet. Get a handheld tuner or put in the stockers asap.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
You have to get the computer to tune for 24lbs. Amazingly its still running. I cant believe you havent ruined your motor yet. Get a handheld tuner or put in the stockers asap.
+1
Calibrated mafs are the old way. Now days its best to use a good maf like a LMaf or a BA maf and calibrate everything with the tune. Never switch injectors without a tune!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a custom tune (sct livewire) just for the stock injectors. Would i just have to have a sct dealer just make me a custom tune? Having alittle too much fuel would not blow the engine.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I got me a 90MM MAF for my 24's plus a sniper tune and it has no problems. Hope you can get yours figured out man.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Having alittle too much fuel would not blow the engine.
To much fuel out of the injector will spray on the piston and run down past the rings as its running. It will then ruin ur cylinder walls.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
To much fuel out of the injector will spray on the piston and run down past the rings as its running. It will then ruin ur cylinder walls.
+1. It wont happen right away, but you should not drive a car with untuned injectors.

Ask your dealer for a tune for the injectors and maf.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts