Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i were to change my stock MAF to the later MAF style, will the car run without a tune? i would just be putting a stock MAF sensor and housing in place with stock injectors so i can do the initial start and intitial drive.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
It might run, but I doubt that it would run well. The later style MAFs are slot style and ours are not. Is there a size difference? I have a 90mm LMAF I might want to sell...

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
if by later you mean '02 & up (integrated AIT sensor) MAF, don't waiste your time, I just spent about 2 week's with wiring diagram's/ etc., it's not worth the hastle.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will be going to a larger MAF when i go to dynotune the car. i just need to get my cat to start and run after i get it back together. i will be starting it on a stock 80mm MAF, get the slot style meter, but didnt know if it would be calibrated close or not. the stock gt's were all 19lb injector, i will start the car on the stock inhectors as well. i will probably go to a C&L 95mm MAF unless i just run across a 90mm for cheap.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if by later you mean '02 & up (integrated AIT sensor) MAF, don't waiste your time, I just spent about 2 week's with wiring diagram's/ etc., it's not worth the hastle.
there is an adapter harness for the swap. the stock wiring to maf is used, and the IAT is still used as it is now. i will need to go to a larger MAF for my build, plus it will be nice to get away from the sample tube set up as well.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 90mm MAF's are able to be gotten cheap, but i think i have plans later for a bigger build ;)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the other maf i am looking into is the dbx, but not sure. i have to change a few things to the build as of right now, so i have to go back over the set up and do some homework.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
not to thread jack...but i had to recently change my MAF with another 99-04 GT MAF, mines an 02 and idk wat the other was, but it looked exactly the same except for different bolts holding the part that the wires plug into lol. shouldn't matter...should it?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
not to thread jack...but i had to recently change my MAF with another 99-04 GT MAF, mines an 02 and idk wat the other was, but it looked exactly the same except for different bolts holding the part that the wires plug into lol. shouldn't matter...should it?
all 99-04 MAF's aren't the same. you need to make SHURE you have the right one.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i had to drive my car 2 miles with no tune nothing bothered it but the maf it ran so rich black bursted out the pipes the 90mm maf was trying to make the car kill it self it died at 60 mph in 5th!!!!!! LMAO thank God thats all sorted out now!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts